past is past | elaiza

“People change, things go wrong. Shit happens but life goes on.”

I was the first person who got out from the lift thingy with my earphones on. I’m like a person who didn't even care on what's happening and I'm the kind of person that can easily move on. Yes, I can easily move on, like what happened to Jaz. Even though she's my best friend, I have to move on. She's happy about it and I accepted the truth that she's dead. I may not know what’s happening in this town, but I've got a bad feeling that it’s not good.
      “You, young lady with an earphones” Paul pointed at me, “Can you please open the door? Here's the key.” Paul handed me the key. I grabbed it from his hand and managed to twist the doorknob. When the door opened, my mouth hanged open and I dropped the keys.
      “Paul,” I glanced at Paul and back to the large room “What is this place?”
      He didn't answer but he placed Cynthnie on the couch and he locked the door.
      “This is the safest place in town," he said, “you don’t need to worry”
      “Are you living here alone?” Curtney asked.
      “No,” he shook his head, "I'm with five lads."
      “Your sons?” I asked, curiously “I hope they won’t rape us."
      “No, not my sons and they are not rapist,” he said, “you want something to eat?”
      “No, thanks,” said Merill, “We're good.”
      “Yeah,” Curtney crossed her arms, “because we want some explanation!”
      "Stubborn, eh?” Paul chuckled, “Trust me, you'll discover it yourselves.”
      "No!” I removed the earphones from my ears, “We need some direct explanation, straight to the point!”
      “Well,” he exhaled, “It’s not my fault that you came here."
      “Honestly, we have no idea that this town is dangerous!” I yelled.
      “And lifeless, we didn’t even know that are long lost friend turned into a freak," Merill added.
      “Hey!” he held his waist. “It’s on the news."
      “Sorry, we have no time for that” I told him, crossing my arms, “We watch Nick everynight."
      “Oh, my lads are in there!” he gladly said.
      “What?” Curtney raised an eyebrow, “Your lads?”
      "Seriously?” he raised his shoulders, “You don't know who I am?”
      "I've seen you from somewhere,” Kimberly rubbed her chin “But I can’t remember."
      “If you need me, I'll be in the kitchen," he managed to tell us before he left our sight.
      "So?” said Merill “Lets tour this apartment!”
      “Sure!”
      “Let's go!”
      “Girls?” said Cynthnie, squinting her eyes “Can I come?”
      “Sure, Jiglly,” Curtney stepped closer to Cynthnie, and offered a hand.
     Cynthnie held her hand and she pulled her up. “Are you sure, you’re alright?” Curtney asked.
     “’course”
      “Come on, let’s tour this apartment and enjoy!” I wrapped my arm around Cynthnie's shoulders.
     “You're crazy!” she chuckled
     "Yes, I am!” I poked her cheek.

      We were wondering around the building when some of us started complaining like Kimberly. "Ugh, no Wifi!" She cried, looking at her ipad.
      “Fangirling again, Kim?” Merill asked.
      “Yes of course!” Kimberly answered, hitting the retry button multiple times.
      “One Direction,” Merill smirked, “Gays.”
     Kimberly stopped walking, “what did you just said?”
     “I said, One Direction are gays. Got a big problem?” Merill rolled her eyes.
      “I'll give you five seconds to run” Kimberly warned Merill.
      Yes, Merill ran and Kimberly tried to chase her.

...

Chapter written by: @distortedimage