the last chapter | niall

"Love can overcome anything."

"Curtney, from the moment I saw you I felt strange. I know we just met but I already loved you for what you are. This little thing I feel for you is unpredictable. I don't want you to die just because of me, I don't want you to suffer this hard, I... I love you."
      All that came out from my mouth was unstoppable. It was strange to think that when you love someone, you always find yourself blurting out some sentimental things, even if you're in a moment like this one.
I held Curtney's hand and kissed her forehead.
      "I love you," I whispered and found myself wishing that she could hear me.
      That was when Jane started freaking out, "guys, I can't find her pulse!"
      "Jane, no!" Cynthnie cried.
      I was panicking. I checked Curtney's pulse in alarm. Why wasn't it there?! Damn it!
      I ignored the cold as I touched her pale, beautiful face with my hand, "please, not now!" She didn't even budge. I felt like my heart had catapulted itself into my throat as I shook her vigorously in panic, "Curtney! Wake up!" As she remained motionless and unresponsive, my tears had streamed down my face. "Please don't leave me!"
      My wristwatch beeped, telling us that the day reached midnight.
I had grown limped. I slumped down and sobbed until my whole body racked. My defenses had crumbled down.
       At exactly two minutes before November 2, 2012, Curtney Johnson's heart ceased. Her hand was enclosed with mine and it gave me a gut-wrenching feeling. I could never, ever hold it again. My sobs grew louder as minutes passed in a blur.
      "She didn't make it to her birthday," Merill whispered behind me.
      "And nor she will ever be in her next ones," Kimberly added.

...

Chapter Written by: @LadyPhilosopher