regrets | curtney

“Regret might be right, but they always arrive late.”

Fighting with those guys that we encountered earlier made me tired. So, we decided to rest in the living room.
     "Finally!” I said, letting my body collapsed on the couch, “I really need to sleep. Did you guys notice that it is almost 10 pm?"
      "No,” Elaiza stated, pulling her iPhone out from her backpack, “I think I'm sick of mirrors."
      Merill sat on the floor with Elaiza, “It’s official, I hate carrots!” she said.
      Kimberly also sat on the floor with Elaiza and Merill, “Any Wi-Fi signals here, Lai?” she asked.
      "Still nothing!” Elaiza replied.
      "Why don't we play Fruit Ninja?” Kimberly suggested.
      "Lame!” I said, covering my eyes with my arm, trying to sleep. But I can't. Ugh, my friends are so annoying.
      Cynthnie stood behind the couch, complaining, “We didn’t even eat supper,” she said.
      I looked up at her, “Yeah, I'm also hungry," I replied.
      Her crossed arms leaned on the couch, “We didn’t even know how to cook."
      "You know what, Juff? I regret going here,” I sighed, “We shouldn't be here. I should've obeyed my dad. I'm too stubborn, I never listened to him. But now, I realized that he's just doing all of this because he loves me,” I sobbed and turned my body away from her, wiping my tears.
      "Yeah, we made a mistake but we don’t even know that this place is--"
      "Not-so-therapeutic?” I cut her and chuckled.
      She grinned down at me, “Exactly."