Chapter 34

Fighting against the currents of the wind, Ember flew north, her red wings beating in the sky, racing to catch up with the flying army somewhere ahead of her. Her wings ached from flying hard and fast all day and night, and now half a day, reducing her speed, but Ember still pushed on, having to get to the army before the battle started, she needed to explain. Only hoping that Red and Scar had remembered her warning from many days ago, that she wasn't too late, she glided for many moments, her speed dropping, but resting her wings a little before flapping again.

The land changed, the dark stone had long vanished yesterday, trees had covered the ground far below her last night and this morning, but now endless plains of grass covered the ground. The army would reach the place they were going to fight today, probably resting the rest of today whilst they waited for the other army to arrive, but Ember would arrive tomorrow, when the attack may have begun. She pummelled the air again and again with her wings, increasing her speed whilst she flew onwards, hoping that she was closer than she thought she was.

***

The other deities were still just a tad bit angry with her, most were, Rainbow was sporting a grin whenever she looked at Air, Ancient remained as emotionless as always, Earth had fallen into the strange sleep, which wasn't really sleeping but was enjoyable, the sense dragons had remained out of the argument between Air, Hell, Heaven and Water. Three against Air, but it was safe to say that the tree got riled up, making Air- in their mind- the winner of the argument.
   Hell was still giving Air glares ever so often, as did Heaven whilst Water calmed down and watched passively, as did the other deities. It was probably one of the few time's where Heaven and Hell were sort-of united against one thing else, but Air didn't care, they were too busy carding about what was happening to the many that lived on Ballasmara.

"So, the armies are going to clash, killing many, and you don't care, at all?" Air asked again, glaring at Hell and Heaven, whilst Water replied.

"It's not so much as the caring that we are not doing anything, it's the more about the fact that we have sworn that we won't interfere that is affecting our choices. At least, that is the case with me." She said, breaking the silence as the other deities watched on.

"Well, Earth has managed to keep her forces out of this dispute-"

Hell butted in, glaring at Air, his body tense, ready to attack. "It's because Heaven's forces and mine naturally clash, they are opposites."

Air rolled their eyes. "So is air and earth, yet we are not ripping into each other's faces." The deity gave Earth a small grin before glaring at Hell and Heaven again.

"Maybe that's because the air dragons are practically extinct." Hell said, Heaven nodding on the other side.

"Maybe it is because they don't want to be caught up in this conflict like the healing dragons, dawn and dusk dragons, to name a few, have been caught in this war." Air cut back, barely making a noise a they growled, protecting their own.

"Maybe you don't want to admit that they are so weak and useless." Hell snarled back, baring his teeth at Air whilst they growled back.

"Maybe it is because they don't want to become extinct like so many of those that have supported your varying sides in this war!" Air snakes back, in the verge of roaring as anger penetrated their body.