Chapter 24

"Have you lot decided what you would like?" Ember said, nearing the group of dragons. Midnight stood with the group and glared at her. The light from the sky had disappeared at some time in the past, but the light from the glowing magical tree was enough to see like it was day. The rest of the dragons slightly bared their teeth at her, with a couple of exceptions, Midnight, Shade and Scar were the only ones she knew that weren't baring their teeth at her, but she knew that the rest probably didn't approve of her relationship with Tsavolite. Well, they could go and die in a hole. She glared at the unapproving dragons.

   "We have no idea what the dragons can give us." King Red said, who had glared at Ember when she had approached.

   'I'm coming, keep you fire on the cooler side.' Tsavolite said into her mind.

   "Hence why there is a dragon from Humanyos here." Sort of why she is here.

   "I am here. You, stop thinking about killing me." Tsavolite glared at the crowd of dragons, some of which tensed up. "Oh yes, I can-" '-read your minds.' Tsavolite said and stopped close to Ember's side, Ember gently rubbed her tail with her own.

   "Give us information on the species of your dragons, and how to protect ourselves from them." Wave said, still glaring with thundering water rolling behind his eyes.

   "Easy, we are one species of dragons."

   Wave bared his teeth, "But there are many types of powers you have."

   "Yes. Kind of. They have categorised themselves, but not all fit." Ember said.

---

   They would have to go, now, if they wanted to get to Amluse before he decided to attack. Ember looked at Tsavolite, who was getting restless as the deals kept going in circles and nudged her with her tail.

   "Time is over. State what you want to have, we will relay the deal towards our leader, and he will either agree, and come peacefully, or disagree, and attack."

   The dragons came one by one, listing what they wanted, Ember remembering them, whilst Tsavolite listed what they really wanted, and what their thoughts on this was. Ember faintly growled when Midnight told her what he wanted, before quieting when the next dragon came, but her fire was still rolling around inside. The dragons kept coming, but all Ember really had to do was think what they wanted, and one of Amluse's dragons would be able to fetch it from the corners of her mind. The queue dwindled down as more dragons waited to hear of the future from Amluse.

    Once every dragon had come forwards, another dragon emerged from the trees, able to open portals, that is what Tsavolite said anyway. He opened a portal behind Ember and Tsavolite, who turned around to talk to the blue dragon. Amluse stood next to a dragon that could see what had happened, so Ember kept her mind open for the dragon, but watched carefully, ready to bring up her dome of firestone if the dragon turned hostile. The dragon did not do anything hostile, much to Ember's relief, she didn't like others poking around her head, Ember decided as the dragon left her mind. Amluse stood for a moment, the other dragon probably had given him the memories of what had happened. Amluse walked forwards, through the portal and stopped in front of Ember. "I have no idea why you protect these dragons," Amluse said, Tsavolite dropped to the ground next to Ember, as thuds came from behind, "but I am not going to continue that."

---

   Ember woke, her body hurt. She looked around, having no idea where she was in the worlds to where she was, trees encircled her, leaving her in the center of a clearing in the forest. Now she was confused. She remembered escaping from the horrid Amluse and his devilish dragon with that peering mind, the fighting and the burning that took place then had given her the bruises, a galaxy dragon from this world was being nosy as to what was happening and Ember had flown through the portal and into the forest before stopping - or dropping - here as exhaustion took her. Her muscles now ached, she was in the middle of nowhere, and she was alone. Brilliant. She stood up, stretching her sore muscles and hobbled to the shade and cover of the trees as her chest ached. She fell back to sleep after trying to find the perfect position.