Chapter 15

Ember melted the cages, the fire in her blood finally coming back. Dragons poured to the exit, dragons from many worlds. She watched the hunters get trampled under dragons' feet, their release making them wanting revenge. She opened the cage for the dragon inside, a young water dragon, younger then Ember. The scales light blue. They nodded at each other, being each others enemies completely forgotten. She ran towards the rooms, she had completely forgotten about the grown water dragon.

She burned her way through the wall, the door having been jammed closed forever from a ginormous dragon accidently running into it. She found the dragon inside. "Do you want to go, stay, or die?" she whispered as the dragon stared at her from its position on the floor.

"I will help the rest, and die defending them."

"Okay, fine with me." Ember burned the chains off, careful to stop when they were weak enough for the dragon to snap them, any further and she could accidently injure the scales. The dragon stood, the chains snapping, she was miniscule compared to the water dragon.

"Thank you." The dragon ran through the hole Ember made getting in, making it bigger with the sheer size of the creature going through. Ember ran out after the dragon, checking for any dragons still locked up. She freed the once that were, checking that there weren't any left behind, she ran after the dragons and into the tunnel.

The dragons had no idea where they were going, that was very evident. They were standing in the hall, confused to where they were. Ember ran through the dragons towards the passage that she knew was hidden in the wall. After a lot of failed attempts she found the right stop, she had being turning around to see if the view looked right, then had started pushing against the walls.

She stumbled into the passage. "This way!" she shouted, after roaring to get their attention. She ran down the passage, Lighting her scales on fire so everyone could see. They ran down the tunnel, shouts to hurry up was heard from the back, the front did exactly that. Soon, the sounds of fighting carried down the tunnel to where Ember was. Flying was quicker, but her wings wouldn't be able to open enough to fly, so Ember just kept going as quick as she could.

A minute after Ember wondered how much further they had left to go, she ran into the wall, which gave way a bit. She kept pushing and pushing until it opened, revealing the dark green outside world. The sky had darkened to a dark green, so dark that it looked black. The dragons spewed out of the tunnel and began breathing in the fresh night air.

The guards spewed out of the tunnel next. And started attacking. Everyone ran as fast as they could. Ember saw the water dragon she had rescued, the one who said that they would go down fighting, not run and fight. Ember jumped into the air and flew away, glancing over her shoulder to look at the other dragons. She saw the water dragon die, slightly smiling. A loss, but the dragon wanted to die that way, and Ember could do nothing about it. Most dragons were flying, those who couldn't fly from their damaged wings were picked up by those strong enough to do so, and flapped the wings to try and help lighten the load.

They travelled away from the fortress, running to nowhere in particular. After a bit, the guards stopped and went back to the fortress, leaving the dragons that had gotten that far to slow down and save their energy.

They decided to stop. Ember sighed in relief, her wings hurt, and she needed a rest. They set up a small camp and some of the dragons who could stay awake took the first watch, Ember not included. The watches would change until the morning, however long that was. Ember slept like a dead flame.

-----_____-----

They landed on the strange planet. The sky a very dark shade of green, the ground also a very dark shade of green, and no life to be seen, but Midnight and the group of dragons he had brought from the Guardians pack. Shade was with him, as always, covering his wings.