Chapter 23

It was a dead end. Tsavolite sniffed around, Ember had been here recently, the sky had darkened not long ago, and they had no clue where Ember had gone from here. All three were sniffing around, but her scent was strongest here, Tsavolite looked around the area, for a cave, passageway, anything at all. The night sky was nice here, the stars shone brightly, but they didn't have the green tint that the stars had back in Humanyos. She sat down, her eyes wanted to rest whilst she wanted to keep looking, so she shut her eyes for a minute.

   "Found something." The tracker said to Tsavolite's right side. She opened her eyes and stood up and walked over, all three were tired after all the events that the day had forced upon them. Tsavolite blinked a few times as she tried to focus on something, but the side of the mountain just looked like the side of a mountain, there was nothing special about it. "Follow me, I wonder where this leads." The tracker started to walk forwards, his steps were meeting the ground and made no noise on the loose ground. Then his foot disappeared, then the rest of his body, until only the tip of his tail showed that the dragon actually did exist. Tsavolite stalked forwards, and the dragon's tail disappeared as she neared it, she went to where the dragon's tail was.

   There! A small opening, barely large enough for a dragon to walk through, the tracker had gotten in without too much trouble, and he now stood in the tunnel, his head looking over his shoulder as she followed. The gap was camouflaged really well because it was made of the same rocks that the side of the mountain had. She took a few steps forwards, before looking over her shoulder, only to see the portal dragon. The dragon in front started to walk down the passage, Tsavolite quickly followed him, the dragon stayed close behind her as the tunnel grew pitch black as there were no light form the stars or moon. 

---

   The end of the tunnel was filled with light, and the tracker stopped at the end. "What's wrong?" She said.

   "Nothing. It's beautiful." The tracker said, walking out of the tunnel and moving out of the way for Tsavolite, who came out before raising her head to look at the scenery. Beautiful did this place no justice, it was full of colour, even in the darkness of night. Although, there wasn't much darkness in this place. Each of the plants were colourful and gave off light, illuminating the place in the night, making it possible to see. The plants had the brightest colours that Tsavolite had ever seen, pink, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and white. All were glowing. A ginormous plant rose high in the center of the valley, glowing brighter than those around it, on top of an island, where two dragons were standing on whilst other stood around it. There were multiple red dragons down there, so Tsavolite needed to get closer in order to see which was Ember and relay the message.

   A rustle in the bushes caught her attention before she started rolling down the slope, her wings tucked in close beside her body as another dragon tumbled with her, the colours in the scales were glowing, showing the colours shifting together. She shuddered as her stomach hit the shimmering white stalk of a plant, and lost all her breath, which she started to regain after a couple of moments just lying there. She saw four more dragons tumble down the hill, two of them had green scales, the other two had multicoloured scales. One of the faintly glowing dragons hit a plant with its tail, a small sharp crack followed with a yelp. Tsavolite stood up and looked up the hill for anymore dragons. There weren't any. She walked over to the whimpering dragon at the base of the plant, who looked at her with glistening eyes. 

   "Why did you ambush us?" Tsavolite growled.

   "You aren't allowed here, other worlder." The dragon said, his voice quiet.

   "But why send us down the hill?"

   "Just leave this place."

   "I'm not going to get anything out of you, am I?"