Chapter 9

Midnight walked into the cave, his shadows had disappeared long ago, the possibility of meeting other dragons meant that he set fire to his wings, it tingled and wasn't overly comfortable, but no damage came to his wings. Hie walked down the cave, his butterfly glowing ahead, his wings lit up the cave walls. He felt the cave start to open up into a cavern, the ceiling rose dramatically, and the walls peeled away from the centre of the cave. Ahead, he heard a couple of dragons shift their feet as his butterfly came into their sight. He turned the corner.

Ten dragons stood in the centre of the cavern, nine surrounded the bigger tenth. He smiled before bowing, turning his wings off, he heard the dragon's slightly sigh in relief. "Welcome Midnight." The dragon in the centre of the circle said, walking towards him. "You may stand."

"Thank you, sire."

"You know that you don't need to call me that." The Elemtal King said.

"Ok, I knew. But formalities, I suppose. Why did you want to see me?" Midnight asked politely, aware of the nine guards, hand-picked by the King, who oversaw their training.

"Well, things have gotten a lot worse. This planet is the last defence to the Sanctuary, the others on this planet may have forgotten, but I hope you haven't. Anyway, the Queen has been making her presence known, which is terrifying the others. I was hoping that my younger brother would know if she has made her presence known here."

"I'm watching things, I'm keeping my eyes on those nearby, especially the young dragon, I'm concerned about her. I think that she may be a target by the Queen to turn her against us, I'm keeping a very close eye on her particularly. I'm also afraid that she will try to turn the rulers of the two big sides in this war, along with the other leaders of the pack."

"Good, good, good. I'm afraid though, that the galaxy dragons, have something to say." From the shadows a dragon with purple, blue and black slowly moving swirls stepped out.

"We have gained knowledge that the Queen has contacted, through dreams, last night, a dragon in this area. We would like you to keep an eye on everyone, no matter their age, rank, species or job." Midnight's brother said.

"You know I will." Midnight said. "How's things at home?"

The King gave him a unimpressed stare. "We've already discussed this."

"You gave a very brief statement." Midnight replied. "Of 'things have gotten a lot worse'."

"I suppose you want to know wat really is happening?" Midnight nodded. "Well, everyone is getting scared." He paused. "You may go." He said to his guards. They watched them walk out, when they were out of earshot, the King started whispering. "We are preparing plans for the armies, we are expecting an attack. We have started to move those who can't fight to the sanctuary along with some soldiers. My children, they have been moved too. I don't think we are going to defeat the armies, we simply don't have the numbers. I have began to lose hope." He hung his head. "You have always been the better of us two, tell me how you would do this, please!" Midnight could tell the King was going to start begging if he needed to.

"Emm... well, I have a plan, but no-one is going to like it..." Midnight murmured.

"What does it entail?" The king asked.

"Abandoning, showing selves, battle here, unite all species again..."

"The prophecy?"

"Yeah... and the second, the one we keep to ourselves."

"You think you have found the two?"

"If you can keep her at bay for another couple of weeks... I could try to make the process quicker."