Chapter 13

"Firstly, you are going to fight." Amluse said to Ember and Tsavolite.

Ember and Tsavolite nodded.

"No mind reading. Apart from that, use anything."

"That's not fair! Mind reading is my power, and I can't use it, but she can use her fire!" Tsavolite fumed, her lipsslightly pulled back from her teeth.

"Okay, no fire either, and no controlling your openment." Amluse directed the first instruction to Ember, who nodded, she barely had any fire, fighting with her fire was out of the question. The second instruction went to the green dragon next to her, who just stared at the dragon sulkily. Ember and Tsavolite walked over to the middle of the padded mats. They stared at each other in the eyes as they bowed.

They walked around in a circle, not taking their eyes off the other dragon's. Ember was careful to not cross her legs whilst walking too much, so that she was more stable. Ember noticed the dragon's muscles tighten up slightly, Ember tightened her own in response. The dragon rushed at Ember, crossing the area in a second, Ember stepped backwards just before the dragon would have hit her and swiped with her claw as she went past, her claws scratched the scales, leaving a scratch mark. Tsavolite growled and turned to face Ember.

"You should have sharpened your claws." Tsavolite growled.

"I wasn't really planning on fighting, to be honest." Ember growled back. Ember tensed and leapt at Tsavolite as she did the same, they met in the air. Ember snapped at Tsavolite's jaws and brought her tail round to attack Tsavolite's exposed back. They clawed at each other too, scratching eachother's scales. They broke apart when they decided that they weren't going to get anywhere like that.

Ember used her wings to propel her into the air and went over Tsavolite's head and landed on her back. Tsavolite rolled, sending Ember flying across the floor. They scrambled to their feet to face each other. Tsavolite was slightly stronger then Ember, and she had probably spent more time fighting but that was about all the advantages that she had over Ember. However, Ember had been fighting fully grown and trained adults, who didn't exactly go easy on her.

Ember tried diving between Tsavolite's legs, it worked to a certain extent, she had clawed Tsavolite's underside, but she was now laying open on the ground. Scrambling to her feet, she was nocked over. She rolled away and brought her tail up to jab the other dragon in the face, she heard a growl which meant she had hit her.

Ember got to feet and looked at Tsavolite, who now had a large cut next to her left eye, any further to the left, and Ember would have gotten the eye instead. Ember charged at the dragon and used her momentum to nock Tsavolite over. She put her paw to the underside of Tsavolite's jaw and pushed it back, leaving her neck unprotected. Tsavolite scratched Ember with her claws, they were ignored as Ember put her jaws around the dragon's throat.

"Well done Ember. Good fight, the pair of you. Get up and we are going to do some flying. Tsavolite, you can go if you would like."

"Thank you sire." Tsavolite bowed her head, in respect. See you in the future fire girl, probably tomorrow. Don't burn the world in the meantime, I will be very angry indeed, and don't work out how to block me, that would be very sad. Tsavolite walked out of the padded room, slightly smirking despite her loss in the fight.

Ember took off, it was harder to take off and keep flying on this world, compared to Ballasmara. Amluse nodded, approving of her taking off skills. "Fly around the room, when I say hover, hover, when I say fly, fly, when I say land, land, and when I say take-off, take-off. Got it?"

"Yes sir."

"Fly."

Ember flew around the room, close to the walls. The walls blurred past her as she flew, she kept an eye on how high she was, she didn't want to bash her head or crash into the floor, she also kept an eye on how far away the walls were, not too close that her wing tips touched, not too far that she was flying in the middle of the room and bashing into the hanging obstacles.