Chapter 6

Ember woke in a cave. The ceiling was made of a strange rock, it was a light grey, not dark grey or black like the rock in fire dragon territory. The whole cave was made of the strange rock. The cave was round before opening in the empty sphere where she lay. She looked at her sides, then her chest, they were completely healed. She sniffed the air and remembered what had happened before she lost conscious. The air smelt weird, it smelt of outside the fire dragon territory, apart from that, she had completely no idea where she was. 

The cave floor was uneven, her head lay on a slight rise in the floor, the cave let in a sliver of light, illuminating that cave. It was day time, she was healed, and she was outside fire dragon territory. She jumped to her feet as she heard someone coming. The dragon she saw the day she practiced fighting entered her part of the cave. 

"Hello." The dragon said, his voice was calm.

"Hello, where am I?" Ember asked.

"I can't tell you, sorry." He said nicely.

"Why can you change your eye colour?" She asked, hoping that the dragon will answer truthfully.

"I can change my eye colour... because of a reason you will soon know about." Ember could tell that he'd structured his phrases carefully.

"If I am to know about the reason soon, then why can't I know it know? And save the wait?"

"It is not my choice to make."  The dragon said.

"He speaks the truth." A dragon said, the dragon stepped out of the shadows, his body was covered in black scales, the wings had shadows around them, Ember saw.

"Is it your choice to make? Why do you have shadows around your wings? Where am I? Why am I not in fire territory? What happened? Who are you? Who is this dragon? Are there more dragons here?" Ember asked, not stopping until she ran out of questions.

"It is my choice to make. I have shadows around my wings because I have to, good spot. You are in a cave. You are not in fire dragon territory because they couldn't heal you. We healed you and took you from the healing caves. I am your mentor and teacher. This dragon is... a dragon. There are more dragons in the world." The black dragon said, answering all of her questions, although not fully.

"I know that he is a dragon, what species is he? Are there anymore dragons in this cave system? What do you mean, that you are my mentor and teacher? I already have two teachers. Why couldn't the fire dragons' healers not heal me?" Ember asked.

"More questions. You should know what this dragon is. Yes, there are. I am your teacher and mentor because of a reason you need to figure out, for that reason you need to figure out, who are we? The fire dragons' healers couldn't heal you because they haven't been trained to deal with serious injuries."

"Is he... a rainbow dragon?" Ember asked.

"Well done."

"You aren't a shadow dragon because you don't have the silver end to your tail. A group of different species, really secretive about where they are, think Ember think! Why weren't the healers trained to deal with serious injuries? How come Scar's still alive, he got stabbed in the chest by the water dragon king?"

"You may go." The dragon said to the rainbow dragon. The rainbow dragon bowed his head and went. "Yes, I'm not a shadow dragon. The fire dragons' healers have lost the most important knowledge, the knowledge that was around before the healer dragons were captured. Scar was healed because he was lucky, it was just a few minor scratches, and the one semi-serious injury. The most severe injury wasn't as severe as it looked, so he was fine." The dragon said.