Chapter 27

I'm sorry, but this one is really short.

***

"So why are you here?" The earth dragon said after Ember finished an uncompleted summary of her life, changing most of the parts, the dragon's accent was weird to Ember's ears, but she was probably the one with the weird accent.

Ember looked at the different dragons, the sun glinting off their scales. "I want to live somewhere, and I am adventurous." Her injuries throbbed as she stood, keeping her body language neutral when she just wanted to glare at the dragon.

"Fine." The dragon said, glaring at Ember. "A healer dragon is on the way. What did you do to these dragons anyway?" Ember looked around at the three dragons lying on the grass, the trees faintly swaying a little away, clouds were coming, drawing ever closer whilst she was just stood there injured and without sufficient cover, with the exception of the cave that an earth dragon had made. 

"I could not let them get away, not with the humans knowing about dragons being in this area, and that one," Ember indicated the strange dragon, "was not going anywhere once I had seen it, it's not normal."

"I agree with your judgment, but how did you bring them down without injuring them?"

"Practice." Ember said, surprised that the dragon didn't know that fire dragons could take heat as well as give and sat down on the grass. "How much longer until this dragon gets here?"

"Not much."

---

They flew, each of the twelve dragons helping to carry a being that Ember had taken down. The healer had quickly healed Ember when he had arrived and had grabbed the human to carry to the dragons' community, wherever that was. They turned down another valley, and Ember nearly paused as she saw many dragons flying around, blues, reds, greens, all of the fairly common species were somewhere, whether they were flying, watching or sprawled across the ground, sucking up the warm sunlight. Ember was carrying the heavy weird one, the female water dragon was being carried in front of the one Ember was carrying as the male water dragon was carried behind. The trees below them thinned, before not disappearing as they flew over the other dragons, before the dragons in front started angling themselves towards one of the sides of the valley. Ember and the other dragons carrying the strange female followed the dragons into a small cave entrance, large enough for a dragon to walk through, but not fly, and not big enough for multiple dragons to walk through. 

The dragons in front started pulling and pushing the dragon through the gap as the rest of the dragons carrying landed, and followed the other group's way of getting the dragon in. Ember looked around the cave, alcoves large enough for a dragon to walk around in were evenly spread across both walls, most looked to be empty, only three were occupied when the dragons entered. The female water dragon was dragged into one before earth stared to appear from the ground, creating a hard barrier so that the dragon couldn't get out. Dragging the weird female into the next one, Ember poked the scales of the dragon, creating a weird sound. "Make the barrier extra tough for this one." Ember said, exiting the alcove whilst the male water dragon was put in the next one, the human was shoved in the one after that. She gave each being some heat, enough for them to wake up from their sleep, as barriers were made in front of each creature, the barrier in front of the strange dragoness seemed to be extra thick and had less gaps then the others, and it didn't escape her gaze that the one with the human was in had gaps at the top, so the human could not wriggle out of the situation that it was in. 

She was shoved. Straight into an alcove, which quickly became blocked when she staggered in. She growled as memories came back, none pleasant. "Why?" She growled.