Chapter 31

Air knew that what they had said to the others was going to make them think twice, at least, Air hoped so. If they didn't change their stupid, stubborn and ancient minds, then they were stupid, like really stupid. So, Air hung around the edges of the darkness, their body semi-transparent, half there, half not, watching the deities look at each other in silence before Ancient spoke, his voice loud and clear. "So, after that event, we have now got to make a decision." Ancient paused. "Do we search for these entities, or to we cease the search?"

   "Well, do we believe Air, we barely know the deity," Rainbow said, Air tried not to growl, they'd told the truth, it was their choice, kind of, "or do we not? Air just appeared, revealed, mostly, due to those five, but do we trust Air? They could be lying, but if we stop searching, we will never find out, but if we carry on - and Air told us the truth and these Fates aren't happy with us, then what? We have Air hating us for not believe them, plus these two angry entities." Rainbow paused for a few moments, thinking. "If they do know everything, as I infer from their names, why can't we just ask them to come? Then they will have a choice in the matter, and we will, hopefully, not be annihilated by them. That's my, not very clear, opinion."

   "I think they have something to hide." Heaven snapped, some light coming from somewhere was glinting on her already bright scales, illuminating the others around her. "I think that we should take a little look."

   As time went on, Air became more dismayed and worried about the choice that they were nearing, some believed Air, others were unsure, but a fair few wanted to keep up the search. Air quietly made a decision in the moments that they finished giving their opinions and voted.

   "We will have a look." Ancient said, finally. "This decision was not chosen lightly, if Air is correct, then we may be dooming ourselves." They were officially, and completely, stupid.

   Snarling, Air walked into the light, the scales solidifying along the body, "I cannot express and plead you enough to not go down that route. Instead of searching for the Fates, we should watch the world below. Is it really going to matter if you do not decide to go after the Fates now? Or can it wait? Just please. If you go down that route, say goodbye to me, I will most definitely not join you on your path to destruction." Air sat down, catching each dragon in the eye before moving onto the next. "Ask me questions or take another vote." No-one spoke for the first moments, not knowing what the others were thinking, what they wanted to do.

   Breaking the silence, Ancient was the first to speak. "You promise to answer our questions truthfully, and with the most information you can?"

   "As long as the information isn't private, then yes I do promise that I'll tell you the truth." Air said, loud in clear whilst thinking that they were pretty much useless when it came to thinking, most of them were, Ancient and Rainbow seemed to be the most intelligent, but Rainbow and the Five Senses were quiet, most of the time.

   Surprisingly to Air, Rainbow asked the first proper question, but it was a good one. "What power do they have which makes them so dangerous, even to us?"

   Air considered the answer, it would have to be careful, if the wrong information was let slip, then Air would never forgive themself. Sitting there in silence, Air thought through multiple answers. Before grumbling out loud.

   'Just tell them who we are, at least our powers, they may be more cautious to approach us, we're going away from where we last were, away from your sanctuary.'

   Air mentally thanked them. "There are two of them." All the deities looked at Air, their eyes pressing in, but Air closed their own eyes and continued. "Both halves make up the Fates, to have one but not the other, you cannot find the fate of what you want, unless they already know it. One has the power of the mind, they can read it, influence it, control it, drive you crazy, kill you with a single thought, they can do so with untold amounts of minds at once." Air opened their eyes, gazing around at the dragons in front and around the talking deity. "The other, none can defeat the entity, they have the power of time itself, able to stop, slow, speed up, reverse, skip, create and destroy time itself. Time can be changed on different objects in the same vicinity, it can make time for one go faster, another slower, stop time altogether for another, skip time for another. You cannot fight something that can control the time. You will lose. You cannot fight something that can control minds. You will lose." Air finished and watched the body language of the dragons around the now silent deity, most were the same as when Air began, frozen during the information, the rest were submissive. Good for them. "They will approach you when they deem it fit to do so, until then, leave them alone." Air put emphasis on the last three words. "Anything else?"