Chapter 18

Ember sat, her eyes gazing into the distance, wishing that the one week would be that night, she looked at the barren looking green planet, her eyes searching through the training fighters, she felt the blood ooze from her one wound on her hind leg, Amluse had her fight multiple dragons at the same time, let's say that the other three dragons hadn't come out as well as Ember did. She closed her eyes, thinking of ways that she could sabotage Amluse's plan, whilst, hopefully, being killed at the same time, by 'accident'. She waited, Mind girl would be coming to fetch her soon, to practice her mental blocking, Ember poked the stone in front of her.

   'Why do you keep coming here? There's absolutely nothing different to how it was earlier, yesterday, or anytime you have lived here!' Tsavolite thought into Ember's head.

   "It does change. For example, what they are practicing has changed and they are now practicing in groups, rather than individually." Ember said, turning her head around to look at the green dragon, who was staring at her.

   'Well, no one else cares, and come on! Before Amluse has our hides!' Tsavolite said, grumbling, her tail was fairly straight and tense.

   "Okay, I'm coming." Ember said, standing up. The sooner that she could protect her mind from prying dragons the better.

   The pair walked through the networks of caves and tunnels, walking into one of the many more private parts of the network, where Amluse was sat to one side, watching the pair appear into the dark green stone area.

   "Start. Get moving." Amluse said, a faint growl appeared towards then end. Ember and Tsavolite sat down, facing one another.

  Think about deer. Deer, yum, delicious juicy meat...

  'Sounds tasty, but you need to learn to barricade your mind, which I am not too happy about, but I've got to do it. Picture your mind as something fragile, easy to break. Then imagine something hard protecting it. Then, I'll test your barrier.'

   Got it. Ember closed her eyes, picturing her mind as a fire that hasn't fully grown and established properly. Then she pictured a dome of lavarock protecting it, ready to burn any who touches it.

   She felt something brush against her barrier, then quickly disappear into the nothingness of the area around her mind.

   "Interesting barrier there... I think you will be pleased to know that it burns." Tsavolite said.

   "Thanks..." Ember replied, then quickly felt a pressure against her barrier, trying to break through. She snarled, the pressure, probably Tsavolite's mind, was trying to find a weakness in the fiery rock. Ember's mind checked the stone for weaknesses. Then, it felt like her mind was being split into two.

-----_____-----

   "It wasn't the first time, for me, for you lot, you have done it too. And anyways, why are you blaming an impending invasion on me?" Hell grumbled.

  "'Cause you're annoying." Heaven whispered.

   Hell snarled at her, baring his teeth, and shot a warning glance at Water, who had narrowed her eyes and slightly bared the bottom of her teeth in return.

   "This 'King' has decided that Ember, would be the perfect weapon against the dragons, this is because she is from this planet, raised by fire dragons, and I must say, insanely powerful. She is also what others see in a fire dragon, a hot temper. She is the way that Amluse will turn the dragons from this planet against each other.

   "She wants what is best for this planet, everyone can tell, if they know, or watch her, she may not be a Guardian, but she has all the qualities of a good one. She will do anything to die in the upcoming war, hopefully trying to take Amluse out at the same time. This is an alright plan, except that the planet will probably try to protect her so that the prophecy of eight and one can be set into motion, as that is the way of the planet.