The day I almost died

I turned around in fear because I recognized that voice.It's a voice I hear everyday, shouting at me for sleeping in class.It was Mr Dunkin.

He was leaning against the wall,partly hidden in the shadows."Hallo Jacey, be careful while walking on the streets late this night.You can't trust anyone." He said."Stop playing with me.I know who you are.Tell me, what do you want?""

"Oh nothing much.I just want to take you to my master, either willingly or not."

"Never"

" Well that means I have to take you by force."

The earth trembled and stones appeared in the air.I summoned fire in my hands.I threw fireballs at him but either my aim is really bad or he is really fast, he dodged them all.I threw another fireball and this time it hit him.I started running but a wall appeared in front of me.

.As soon as I turned around one of his stones hit my head.I screamt in pain.Stones started moving towards me.I closed my eyes.I knew I was going to die.

Suddenly someone caught hold of my hand and pulled me away from the fast moving rocks.I opened my eyes and saw Grace.Aron, Kevin and Lizy took over and started fighting with Dunkin.I tried getting up but my head hurt so bad I yelped.The blood gushed out my wound.

"Sit still so that I can heal you.",she said. "But aren't you going to help them?"I asked.

"Aron asked me to take care of you.Besides they can take care of themselves.Now sit still."

She put her hand on my head and a green colour light appeared from her hand.Soon the pain faded away."Let me go help them.Don't move, the pain might return and this time it will hurt even more." Before she left she gave me a smile.A warm and beautiful smile.

Aron was throwing balls of water at Dunkin.Thunder clouds appeared out of nowhere and lightning started attacking Dunkin.It must've been Lizy.Kevin burst open a sewage pipe and guided the water against Dunkin.Grace went and started helping them out.She guided the air currents towards Dunkin.

I saw my mom running towards me.Before she could reach me Dunkin caught hold of her.

"Mom!" I screamt,"Leave her alone.She didn't do anything wrong."

"I will,if you agree to come with me "he said with an evil smile.

The others ran to help my mom but Dunkin used the soil to bury their legs into the ground.I tried moving but he did the same to me.

"Stop! Please leave them.Why are you doing this?" I yelled at him.

"It is for you my dear.My master needs your power and he will get it when he uses a forbidden spell on you.The good part is my master gets your power and the bad part is that you will die. "Everyone looked startled after hearing that.

"No, I won't let you take my daughter." ,my mom cried in agony.She started hitting Dunkin but he knocked her out.

"Now let's get to our business. My main aim is to take you to my master.Will you come with me or no?"

"I already gave you the answer.No"

"Fine.I will take you away by force then.Before that I will kill your mother and these young Drests.Just as a precaution in case they try to interfere." He took a long sword from his back and held it near my mom's neck.

"No!"I screamed.Then everything happened so fast.My whole body and the surrounding area was filled with fire."No way, it's the Shisouni."he said.He threw my mom aside and ran towards me with his sword pointing at me.

"I am going to kill you."I screamt.My aim was even more accurate now.I threw a fireball at him with great force that he incinerated in less than a second.The mud surrounding Grace and the others was gone.

I wanted to stop after that but I couldn't.I felt so much pain that I felt like my whole body was on fire."I cant stop.My whole body is burning.Help me." I shouted.

"Grace, Help her fast or she will die.Do something. "Aron shouted.

"Lizy and I will help her mom.Aron and Grace, help her."Kevin said.

They nodded and ran up to me.Grace said,"Aron, get hold of her. Make sure she doesn't move.Her power is weakening so you wouldn't get incinerated and also you have water power which will help you in,well,not dying."

"Sheesh,Thanks for telling. "

He caught hold of my shoulders,pulled my close to his chest and put his hands around me.I looked at him, my eyes heavy on his.

"Ok, I did not ask you to hug her Aron." Grace said.I screamed again."Will you stop talking and do something. "Aron shouted with anger.Grace put her hand on the back of my head and started chanting something.The same thing happened again.I lost my consciousness.

When I woke up, I was in my room.It was morning.My head hurt because of what happened last night. Dunkin,I killed him.My face started burning up as I remembered what had happened.All that felt like a dream.I got out of my bed and looked towards the table.

On my table was a cup of coffee, a plate with slices of bread and bacon, a letter and some tables.I took the letter and started reading it.It said:

Hey Jacey,
Good morning. Those tablets are for you.It will reduce the pain.Your mother is fine, in case you wanted to know.We will be waiting for you downstairs.
P.S I made breakfast cause your mom had a headache.It may not taste that good.

Love,
Grace

That was very kind of her taking into consideration that I behaved very rudely earlier .I brushed and had breakfast. The food was good even though she might have burned the bacon a little bit .After having the tablets, I went downstairs to check what the others were up to.They all were sitting on the sofa.They looked shocked to see me up so fast.I rushed to my mom and hugged her.Then I faced the others and said,"Thanks for what you did last night.Grace,Thanks for the food and tablets .I am much obliged.

"Mom I'm sorry.Please forgive me." I said

"You do not have to apologize but as a punishment for running off like that you will have to listen to me.",she said as her eyes welled up with tears."You are going with them."