Love is in the air

"What's wrong?" I asked her.Her face panicked for a second and she said,"Let's say Vlamoro strikes again."

"What did he do ? ",I enquired.Now it was my turn to panic.I asked, "Is my dad okay?" I could feel the anger inside me boiling like molten lava inside a volcano.

"He sent us a message.Looks like he is now trying to bargain with us.First change into this dress and have breakfast." she said.I was stunned at the sight of the dress layed out by Lizy.It was a beautiful red dress with the design of a red rose on the front.The sleeves were three-fourth and netted.

"There is a rule in Dranda that all those who are to be a part of the council meeting have to wear nothing but formal wear.So for lady's it's a dress.That's the one rule in Dranda that I love.", she said grinning.

Lizy was wearing a similar gown but in the colour blue.She looked beautiful with her hair braided in french plaits and long dangling star shaped earrings with a matching necklace.

She helped me into the gown and tied my hair into a high pony with my fringes left untouched.She gave me a crescent-shaped moon necklace with matching earrings.After getting ready I looked at myself in the mirror and it dawned upon me that I haven't worn anything this sophisticated my entire life.

"Okay, so let's get going. The others must be waiting for us in the dining room.Can't wait to see the look on their faces.You look stunning. " Lizy said with a grin.

Lizy had indeed been right .They were having breakfast when we entered. "Look at my piece of work." Lizy said and they looked up at us.Aron was half way down his cappuccino when he looked up and after he saw me spat out the coffee and started choking.Kevin and Grace were hitting him on his back and were laughing their heads off.

"You know Jacey, you shouldn't show us your feminine side too much like you have right now especially in front of Aron who is rudely staring at you like he has never seen a girl before when he is usually flirting with them.",said Kevin without taking a breath. Aron was indeed staring at me with a small smile playing around his lips.

He was wearing a black suit in which he looked very uncomfortable.He really had beautiful eyes that made me feel out of the world.

I realized that I too was staring at him.I quickly looked away when Grace made a small noise down her throat which sounded like her trying to control her laughter."Anyway now we have to get down to a serious matter.We were talking about you right before you entered.Today we got a message Victor, here you go." she passed the letter to me.

It said-

"Greetings to all my fellow Drests.Long time right? But I haven't got any time for chit-chat cause I am sending this message to make a deal with you.As you all already know I need the girl, Jacey.So here's the deal, I get the girl and her father will be returned. I shall spare Dranda from the destruction I am to bring to this world. Those who will join my side will be rewarded ultimate power.If not I shall destroy all of Dranda and murder every Drest alive on earth.You have two weeks to tell me your answer.Good Bye."

"I know now you must be devastated to hear about your father.It's okay,we will save him.Now that you know your father has been taken I hope you don't lose control over your emotions.",said Kevin.

"If she did,she would've lost that yesterday.",said Lizy without thinking.Grace and I looked at each other and silently murdered her in our minds.Then she realized her mistake and mouthed me a sorry.

"Yesterday ? You mean you knew about that ?",asked Aron looking at me.

I nodded my head gravely.

You both knew and yet none of you told me or Kevin?",he asked angrliy.

This time we all nodded our heads and Lizy told them what had happened.

"Wow,all this happened and you never told us.Thanks a lot.",he said even more angrily and walked out of room after telling Kevin that he would wait for us outside.

"It's okay.I understand why you hid it from us.Anyway this letter is what the Council meeting is going to discuss today . Don't worry Jacey, we will be there right next to you." Kevin said.I grimaced.I really hadn't expected these turn of events.

I followed them down the subway.It was true what Grace had said.The crowd was so thick I kept losing the others around every corner . I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't see that where i was going and collided with another guy.He had dark black hair and matching eye colour.He was wearing a t-shirt which said 'Live to eat' and jeans.

"I am so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going. " I said to him.I looked behind him.The others were nowhere to be seen."Hey beautiful, want to go to the club with me?" He asked casually.I felt like I had been slapped.

" Excuse me?"

"Come on, let's go." he said and took hold of my arm.

'Let go!",I said and tried to pull my arm out of his tight grip.

All of a sudden I heard a familiar voice speaking in our direction.It was Aron.His eyes were blazing." Let go of her if you don't want to fly all the way to Germany.My fist could take you there easily."he said,showing his fists.

"Oh,your girlfriend?My apologies.",the other guy said and walked away.Aron turned to look at me.He still looked mad."Sorry?" I said with a small smile.

Aron suddenly seized my wrist" You can't trust anyone in here.Most of them here are good for nothing perverts.We usually don't take the subway for the same reason.We wanted you to see this place that's why we brought you here.And what were you thinking about?You were lucky that I had noticed you weren't behind us you fool.Now come with me quietly" he said looking at my wrist" cause I don't want to see you eaten up alive the next time I take my eyes off you."

"Aron,I am sorry for not telling you about my dad earlier.",I said softly but he never replied.

I tried to take my hand off his grip but his grip was as hard as steel.Since I had no other choice I followed him quietly till we reached Jest.Izzy and the others were already there talking to someone else.

My gaze followed from Izzy to Kevin and then to the guy he was talking to.That guy's arms were around Lizy.He was a hunk, muscular and body built perfect for handball.To some extent he looked scary, his light green eyes screaming ,'Back off, she's mine.'

We walked up to them.They gave out shouts of delight and worry. "Where were you? We were worried sick!"Grace said, sounding genuinely worried."I got lost and Aron found me." I replied.

"Are you two a couple ?" said Mr Hunk asked gesturing my hand which was still in that of Aron's.I blushed and tried to pull my hand out again but Aron didn't let go.

"She got lost and since I didn't want that to happen again I took hold of her hand.Got a problem? " ,he asked.I noticed some kind of tension brewing between them."Can't blame him, we really can't tell cause the way you two look at each other dosen't tell the same." Kevin said smiling.This time we both blushed and Aron let go of my hand.

"Anyway let me introduce you to Coren, my boyfriend." Lizy said.

"Pleased to meet you Jacey, they talked alot about you.They told that you had the heart of a ferocious lioness and at the same time the heart of a kitten's.Truly a rare combination" Coren said,shaking my hand.Flaterry or not,that made me ecstatic.

Sudenly wo shadowy figures appeared from inside the Jest.One was Professor Celestia while the other was a man in his 50's."Jacey, you look like you're doing great.Meet Mr John, he is my mentor." Professor said. I shook my hands with Mr John and suddenly  experienced a slight chill passing through my back.I looked at him again and wondered why I felt disturbed but I pushed that thought aside as we entered the Jest.The meeting had already begun.