43 | Homecoming Game • Part 2

Lucas's POV

"I think this is really gonna boost her mood", I tell Byron as we're getting ready for the game at my house. He nods "yeah. I think it will. She said she wanted it to be special and she doesn't even know you're gonna ask her."

"She also said that she's not going with me if I don't ask her with something special so I got the best idea ever for the proposal, well homecoming proposal", I tell Byron.

I change into a white hoodie and my red football jersey even though I wasn't playing, I was still gonna support my team. I then put white washed ripped jeans on and a silver chain along with diamond earrings. I run my fingers through my hair to give it a hot messy look because I knew how much Sabrina loved it. I finally get a FaceTime call from Bri.

"Hey princess", I say and smile when I answer. She smiled "let me show you my cheer outfit! It's so cute! Tell me if you like it."

"Okay", I nod and she flips her camera towards the mirror so I could see her cheer uniform. God she looked so damn hot in the uniform. Beautiful is an understatement to describe how amazing she looked.

I smile, not taking my eyes off my phone "you look gorgeous princess, you always do, you always have. Good luck at the game today."

She pouts cutely "thank you baby. Not to mention your fine ass has always looked better than me", she winks then giggles. Her smile made my day. I loved seeing my best friend smile. "You better stop cappin' because we all know you're the fine one", I say.

She laughs "you're adorable. I got to go finish my makeup but I'll see you at the game." I nod "okay baby."

"Oh!" She says before I hang up "one more thing" her face seemed worried and she pauses before saying anything "are you gonna ask me to homecoming?"

I smile "you know I am baby girl. Just wait. You're gonna love it." She squeals then hangs up.

"So what'd you get her?" Byron asks. I grin and show him the sunflowers, flowers that she really likes because her grandma used to plant them in her garden when she was little.

"Just that?" Byron asks. I shake my head "of course not! I got her a yellow gift basket filled with her favorite yellow and orange candies, milk duds, lots of M&Ms because she loves those, gummy bears, Swedish fish, and the bottom has yellow starburst. I got her a yellow scented candle and a yellow Starbucks gift card along with one of my yellow hoodies and sweatshirts."

"Damn Luke

"Damn Luke. Who knew you were so soft?" Byron jokes. I roll my eyes and look in the mirror.

———————

I was sitting with Byron and Brandon as we watched the team play and I also had my eyes on Sabrina cheering. God, she was so perfect. I smile as she turns and sees me in the bleachers then quickly waves before going back to jumping and shaking her pom poms.

Halftime came and the boys and I started cheering our asses off for our team because we were winning. The cheer team gets to the middle of the field during halftime and starts doing their cheer routine as everyone cheers for them. Sabrina has told me a little bit about it but tried to keep it simple. She said she was a flyer and her team would throw her in the air and she'd do a trick then the team would catch her. Now that seemed pretty scary and that's why I don't underestimate her strength.

   Once the game was over, everyone was cheering because we one and I began to get nervous while I was walking down the bleachers, towards Sabrina but then Byron pushed me into her. I give Byron a glare before showing her the flowers, gift basket and poster.

"Aww Lucas! I didn't think you'd be so creative", she laughs "of course I'll go to homecoming with you baby." I chuckle and put the stuff down then kiss her soft and beautiful lips. She smelled like vanilla, even after working her ass off cheering.

"How-you remember that day in middle school when we told each other all our favorite candies?" Sabrina pouts cutely then take the gift basket.

"I love it", she smiles and I give her the sunflowers. We take some pictures before saying bye to our friends and driving her home.

"Can you stay? My sister is gonna be home around 8:30", Sabrina asks. "Sure princess", I say and grab her gift basket and flowers so she doesn't have to lift a finger.

"You did great today princess", I say as we walk in the house. "Thank you. I'm gonna get the dogs", Sabrina says and walks to the back door that leads to the backyard.

   After Sabrina takes a shower and does her hair she comes and cuddles with me, laying her head on my chest cutely with her leg over me.

"Hey uh...can I tell you something", I ask Sabrina. She sits up and furrows her eyebrows "yeah, you can tell me anything baby."

I take a deep breath "I left the gang."