Part 6: War

We spent most of the time meeting everyone at the school. I met two boys named Willy and Mitch, who both seem like nice kids. We then met a girl named Ruby and a boy named Omar. Both of them were preparing the meals for the night. We then stopped to say hi to Marlon and a girl named Brody. She seemed nice enough, but it also felt a little off.

After that I met a boy named Aasim, and he's quite interesting. He keeps a log of everything that happens, and that's honestly pretty cool. He's definitely mature for his age, and that makes it much easier to like him.

Lastly, I got the properly meet the boy I disarmed. "Hey, I don't think we ever properly introduced ourselves. I'm Y/N, and you are..."

He looks up hesitantly, but then replies. "Tennessee. But you can call me Tenn."

He then heads back to drawing something, so I ask what it is. "It's a picture I drew of you and the others defending the school. I was gonna give it to you if you wanted it..."

This makes me smile at him. "Of course I'll take it! Get it to me when it's all done, and I'll make sure to keep it close by."

He smiles and nods his head, and then heads back to work. I start to walk over to Clementine and Aj. They're both sitting on a table waiting for dinner, so I decide to join them.

"Hey kids, how you both doing?"

Clementine looks at me a little annoyed. "Why do you keep calling everyone kid? We're all pretty much the same age Y/N, so I don't get it."

I just smile and tell her. "It's just something I've always done. I feel much older and way more mature then most teenagers, so that's mainly why."

She just nods her head and then asks another question. "So how old are you then?"

I think for a moment and then reply. "I think I'll be 19 pretty soon. My birthday is around this time, but it's impossible for me to tell time. What about you?"

"I'm 17 and Aj is 5."

This surprises me and I think I actually make face. "Wow really? I thought both of you would be older honestly. You're both pretty smart and prepared for your age."

Louis then yells that dinner is ready and we all grab our meals. I take a bite and it's one of the best meals I've had in a long time. I look over and see Aj and Clementine already finished their meals. They both must have not eaten in a while.

Aj looks at Clementine and starts to whines "Cleemmm..."

"Aj I'm sorry, but that's all they have."

I look down at my plate and see there still some of my food left. "Here Aj, you can have the rest of mine."

Clementine looks at me surprised, but thankful. "Are you sure?"

I nod my head and smile. "Oh yeah, we need to keep Aj at 100% if we want to survive."

This creates a grin on her face, and she turns to Aj. "What do you say to Y/N?"

"Thanks Y/N, for everything."

This kid is something else. The more I hang with him, the more I like him. I place my bowl in front of him, and then he slurps up all I had left. This cause him to burp, and it also causes Ruby to get up and leave the table. Clem looks at him disappointed, but let's it slide.

Louis then stands up and makes an announcement. "Alright everyone it's time to play a game. A game I like to call...War."

Violet walks over with a big grin on her face, which gets me a little worried. Clementine also looks worried as well, but interested. "I've never played before, what are the rules?"