XXIX

•••

"What has you occupied, Prince?"

Jisoo snaps out of his musing, facing his attendant who was sporting a gentle, concerned smile on his face.

"Is it about your betrothed?" The nod he sends his way got the attendant frowning. "Has he wronged you in anyway?"

"No. It's complicated."

Jisoo thought he and Prince Seokmin would be the first to get closer to each other but he was wrong. They were fine if it was thirteen of them, they would talk to each other, somehow when they are left alone, Prince Seokmin doesn't utter much. It makes him wonder if the Prince regrets being announced to him, maybe that's why he looked sad that day because he wasn't the one the alpha wants.

He turns to his attendant, patiently waiting for him to explain, "Jungwoo-ah, how did you make Yukhei like you?"

Jungwoo giggles at that, the thought of his alpha making him giddy, "I didn't do anything, Prince." Looking straight into his eyes, he says, "You just have to be you."

"Thank you, Jungwoo-ah."

Facing forward again, he sees someone standing at the corner, staring at where they are, more likely to the prince beside him. "Maybe you should ask him instead, Prince Jisoo."

The omega follows where he stares at and finds his betrothed. He tries not to panic and finds himself walking to where he is. Bidding his attendant goodbye, mouthed him a 'fighting!' as he leaves.

It was the alpha who asked him to go on a stroll after having breakfast with him. Jisoo was elated that he was the first to approach him but the walk with Prince Seokmin became awkward. The alpha was idly walking behind him a few steps, not besides him, he would shuffle forward when he asked but then reverts back.

The omega flattens his palms against his dress shirt again, straightening the hair that flicks away. He spent an extra minute in front of the mirror to make sure he looks more than presentable, sprayed Seungkwan's vanilla scented perfume and added a bit of tint to his lips. He was sure he looked okay.

'Hannie said I look appealing today.' He casts a glance at Prince Seokmin, whose eyes were set on the ground. 'Why won't he look at me?' He wants to scream in distress but that will seem weird and he doesn't want to scare the alpha.

Jisoo pouts, crossing his arms over his chest as he stops walking to face the alpha. "Do we have a problem, Prince Seokmin?"

The alpha blinks in surprise, "No?"

Jisoo harrumphs, turning away with a stomp, pace gradually going fast as he walks away from him. Seokmin's jaw dropped and rushes to follow the omega. "Wait! Prince Jisoo!"

The prince stops and glares at him, still sulking. Seokmin wants to reach out to him, instead he made sure he kept his distance, "Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?"

Jisoo shakes his head, "Nothing."

He continues walking, rendering on why is he being so childish. 'Why am I even upset?'

Jisoo doesn't want to wallow in self-pity but he couldn't help it. It was always him. It was him who goes near the alpha, striking a conversation. It was him who makes the first move, worrying over small things and for no reason, wants his attention.