VIII

•••

The Jade Kingdom is currently busy during this time of the year.

People are working twice as hard as the awaited season is approaching. The harvest festival is soon.

Harvest Festival is the kingdom's tradition since. This is the time were they haul all of their crops, fruits, vegetables. The Jade Kingdom was blessed with these lands and farming became the people's life, they provide all the food necessities to other kingdoms. They gather to feast and thank the Gods for another good year for them. There will be dancing and singing, carnivals open all night for children to enjoy and drink to their hearts content.

"It seems like we have another year of bounty harvest." The Jade King comments to his adviser as they watch farmers haul sacks of rice in their carriages to be delivered.

The women were busy picking fruits from the trees with their children placing it in a basket.

"We are truly blessed this year, your Highness. We have thrice as many as we had last year."

The king hums in reply, "I hope it will stay that way."

The adviser frowns at the response, "Is something wrong, your Highness?"

The King looks at him and shakes his head, "Don't mind it." He turns away from the balcony and goes inside the castle.

"Anyways, where is my son? I haven't seen him this morning."

The adviser hesitates, "Um, he must still be asleep then, my King."

He arches a brow in response, "Is that so? I would prefer if you tell me the truth, Adviser."

"He's in the garden, sire." He lowers his head down when the King regards him with a glare. "And?"

"He's been practicing his magic, your Highness."

The king sighs in response and heads his way to the gardens and finds him sitting there, eyes closed, it seems like he's meditating. He approaches him, only to trip on the ground due to a bump in the land.

Luckily, the adviser caught his arm before he could stumble. The king couldn't help but mutter. "Oh my god!"

His son who was in deep concentration whips his head to where they are and glares at him, "You're not supposed to say oh my God."

He glares back at his son, looking around the garden and sighs again.

"I did allow you to use your magic, son but I never said you could destroy the garden." He motions at the mess around them. The bushes and flowers planted around were destroyed, the trees fell on the ground, and the place looks like it was hit by an earthquake.

The King rubs his temples as he feels an upcoming headache, "It will take weeks for the gardeners to fix this place again."

His son hangs his head low, "I'm sorry, Father. My magic must have gotten out of control."

His stern expression melts and embraces his son. "I understand, son. Just be careful."

The prince just nods and walks inside the castle. The king looks back at the gardens and to the sky, "Oh my queen, what will I do with our son?"