XXI

•••

When Jeonghan entered their bed chambers for the night, it was odd since it was rather silent. He finds his siblings all sprawled out on the bed, floor and the table, staring at the ceiling.

The soft thud as he closes the door snaps them out of their daydream. Jeonghan walks to the nearest bed and removes the book from Wonwoo's face. The younger hisses and covers his eyes with his arm.

"Why are you all acting weird?"

As if on cue, they all jumped at answering the question, talking fast and loud at the same time. Jeonghan holds his hand up, "One at a time, please."

He casts the second eldest a stare, who was fiddling with his pillow, biting his lower lip anxiously, "Mother had arranged us to our betrotheds and we may or may not have, uh, gotten into a disagreement."

Jeonghan looks at them, perplexed all of a sudden. "What? Already? Who is with who? And why are did you disagree?"

"Well, its hard to explain, Han." Jisoo says and faces the older omega. "Its easy for you though, your betrothed to Prince Seungcheol."

"WHAT?!" His shrill voice echoes through out the room, his brothers wincing at it. "See, you have the same reaction as we did."

'We are soulmates.'

Jeonghan could clearly hear the words echo in his head. Prince Seungcheol and him? Soulmates? Destined? Fated? Its too early to tell after all. How did that even happen?

"I thought Mother said we could choose who we want to be with?" Jeonghan asks, he could see them huddling closer to where he is. He gathers them around and pats their heads. "We thought so too, Hyung. But Mother has already decided." Seungkwan answers and leans his head unto his shoulder.

"Where were you anyways, hyung? Everyone was looking for you. Prince Seungcheol said you ran off to do something." Minghao says to the older, laying besides Wonwoo.

"I went to the doctor, my dizziness came back and I had to leave." He lied. He actually ran off to the west wing of the castle, where the library archives were hidden. The talk with the Prince got him baffled and he ran off leaving him wondering and probably, hurt.

Concern gazes were set on him and he calmed them with a smile. "So I'm betrothed to Prince Seungcheol, huh."

"Yes, hyung. You two seem like a good pair though." Minghao says and giggles, "I don't know if other people noticed earlier but he was smiling when you two were called."

The once gloomy atmosphere was suddenly filled with teasing and poking from his siblings. "Remember when Hannie Hyung fainted? He looks like he wants to cry as he holds your frail body, it was like a scene from my books." Wonwoo adds, peaking to give the older omega a sly smile.

"He was also blushing when you called for him this morning." Jihoon adds, squealing besides Jisoo who nods his head.

"Stop that. You are all being delusional. There is no way that happened." He defends yet the warmness of his cheeks says otherwise.

Jeonghan turns to the second eldest and grins at him, "What about you, Jisoo?"

The sudden change of topic got the siblings squealing in delight and Jisoo mumbling in embarrassment. "You should have been there, hyung. It was hilarious." Jihoon laughs, clapping his hands in joy. "Jisoo hyung thought he would be announced to Prince Junhui since both were second eldest but no, he thought wrong."