LXVIII

So its been a while and I was really anxious to update but I decided to since I missed writing so much. I hope i did well with this random chapter.

•••

"You don't mind if I spend a few minutes with you, right?"

Seungkwan stares at the younger, completely taken aback by the question, eyes unblinking as Chan chooses to look at the ground instead, hands by the side. It was the reaction he was expecting anyway.

"I mean, if you only want to, really. The choice is yours. Its been a while since we talked, you and I only, without the hyungs. We could walk around, or just stay here, but only if you want to-" Chan continues to ramble on, Seungkwan can't help but feel amused at the way his acting, at how he pointedly avoids eye contact with him yet the tips of his ears are heating up, but confused at the same time since he was so sure the other was intently and obviously avoiding him yesterday, he wonders what he did for him to deserve such action from his friend.

"Sure. I don't mind." Seungkwan stands from his place, beckoning the younger to follow him. Chan bounds to his side, but with a kept his distance which surely didn't go unnoticed by him but he chose not to comment on it. "May I ask why do you want to talk with me when you seem so adamant in avoiding me yesterday, hm? And why were you avoiding me? What did I do?"

As if the question was fire, Chan would have been burned, with the way his ears turned redder than before. "I..." He trails off, hoping he didn't sound pathetic, biting the tip of his tongue to not make any more unnecessary noises. Seungkwan can see the cogs in his brain turning to try and come up with a reason.

Seungkwan laughed airily, moving near to bump their shoulders in a playful manner. "Don't answer that. I was only messing with you, Channie."

Chan grimaces sadly at the nickname, pursing his lips. "I didn't think you would notice." was what came out. He clasp a palm over his mouth, shocked by his own words. Seungkwan tilts his head towards him. "What's that suppose to mean?"

He immediately evades, shaking his head. "Nothing. What are you doing here all alone?"

The question made the other pout. "I don't know either. I woke up this morning all alone. Hyungs weren't there. I haven't seen anyone either. I was wondering where Hansol is, but it seems like you found me instead."

Chan had to bite the inside of his cheek to prevent a scream, literally, to come out, with the way his heart was beating too fast in his chest. 'Must be all the coffee I've drank.' And he can also hear it breaking slowly at the same time the longer he thinks about it, this words shouldn't affect him at all, Seungkwan and him are friends, but he can't avoid the mirthful hope growing every time when their eyes meet and be crushed when he sees Hansol beside him. 'This selfish heart of mine, be hidden.'

"I'm sure he's busy else where." He says, hoping Seungkwan won't ask what he's doing. "Besides, isn't it bad luck if the grooms see each other before their wedding day?"

Seungkwan smiles.

Chan swallows the further ache creeping in his chest, making it harder to breath. Reality will always come back slapping at him. The beautiful omega is both tangible and intangible to him. If only...

"You're right. I guess I'll have to be with you today then."

Chan tries mirror the expression of joy in the older's face yet fails as it ended up one sided. The ringing in his ears resided and he can now hear the lively thrum of the castle vibrating all through out in preparation for tomorrow's grand wedding. Everything was almost done accordingly, with the king in charge. Seungkwan wasn't allowed to step near, his siblings telling him that its a surprise only once in his life will come. A perfect fairytale for a perfect prince.