VII

•••

They returned early to their bed chambers. Still shocked from the news they received that morning.

The queen dismissed them as to have time to think things through.

The brothers stayed in their bedrooms all day, only going out when they were called for dinner.

It was awkward. None spoke a word. The queen would cast them worried glances as they ate.

Jisoo lays himself on the bed, head aching from too much thinking, "What do we do now?"

The brothers looked at each other, "Is there even something we could do?" Jihoon mutters grabbing his guitar from under his bed, plucking its platinum strings, the emeralds surrounding it glinting under the light of their room.

"I don't think we have a choice, hyungs." Seungkwan says, voice sounding weak unlike his usual cheery self.

"Mother and Father has a point, we are omegas and those task to protect us are alphas. It has always been that way since." Wonwoo says as a matter of fact. None of them could even argue about it.

Minghao nods, "Also, magic exists."

Jeonghan stands from his seat on the bed and walks to the window, his brothers' gaze following him, "The fate of the Kingdom is in our hands. Whatever choice we make now would matter. As the heir to the throne, I'd want to protect my people and if it takes an alpha besides me to keep the peace then I guess I have no other options."

"Mother's words hold the truth. We may not know much but if the Kingdom is in danger then we have to act." Jisoo states, mind convinced by their eldest speech.

"Magic, huh? I wander what it feels like, that it is kept hidden and safe by many generations." Minghao adds, no other choice but to follow his older brothers.

"We don't want a repeat of that history mother talked about. Whether we like it or not, we need alphas." Jihoon voices out, looking at Wonwoo and Seungkwan.

Wonwoo nods his face showing no emotions, "We have a week before we meet our betrothed, so we shall compose ourselves."

Seungkwan whines in response, "I just hope they're nice."

×

Hurry!

He runs towards where the voice is calling out but he sees nothing. Everything was pitch black.

Where are you?

He tries calling for it but his voice wouldn't cooperate.

He continues running, stretching his arms around hoping he might hold onto something.

Nothing.

There was nothing.

There was no one.

He is all alone.

Shit!

It seems endless, he just keeps on running and running.

Where am I?

Soon, he spots something from the distance. There was light. It was faint but he could see a cliff.

He scurries to the cliff, hoping to find something or someone.

None.

What is happening?

He looks around, squinting his eyes but it was all black. The light above him starts to fade and he panics.

Wake up, Jeonghan. It's just a dream.

He shuts his eyes and tries to shake himself, chanting 'wake up' in his place.

"Is it really a dream, your Highness?"

×

Jeonghan gasps awake, squeezing the sheets in his hand. His breathing ragged and fast. Cold sweat falls down from his temples, his hair sticking on his forehead.

'Just a dream, Han. Don't think about it.'

He pushes himself out of the bed and heads out to the kitchen as quietly as possible not to disturb his brothers.

His footsteps lightly echoes around the castle, the moon high on the sky, shining brightly outside the castle windows.

Reaching the kitchen, he grabs a glass and pours himself cold water to ease his heartbeat.

'What was I even dreaming about?' He thinks to himself, trying to recall but none comes into view as if he never dreamt at all.

He rubs his temples as his head starts to ache. He places the the glass on the porcelain table and heads back to bed.

It surely didn't mean anything, right?

Just a dream, Han.

As he lies down on the bed, he hears a voice in his head. Is it really a dream, your Highness?

He grips the sheets around his body, willing it to go away.

'What is that suppose to mean?'

'And more importantly, who was it?