XLVII

•••

"You look lovely today, sugar plum." Junhui says as he stands beside him, Minghao doesn't answer and continues to pluck a few roses on the bushes. He wants to do arrangements for Jeonghan's bedside table, hearing how the older has a difficult time sleeping, so he wanted to help. He places a few roses that might help him sleep peacefully, as their smell will bring him good dreams.

"I'm hurt that you're ignoring me, honey bunch."

Minghao faces him, narrowing his eyes at him, "How about you shut up and help me pick flowers?"

Junhui does as told, crouching down, plucking a pink rose from the bush, "This flower looks so much like you, so pretty, and its petals are as pink as your lips."

He holds it out for the younger to take, who rolls his eyes at his narration. The omega handles it delicately, putting it in the basket he brought.

Junhui plucks another, this time a red carnation, he twirls it around his hand and gazes at his betrothed. "This flower is like your fiery, red hair. Silky and soft under the glow of the sun."

Minghao snorts, and takes it from him. "You are such a dork. Can you stop that?"

"Why? Because it makes your heart race?"

"Because it makes me want to puke."

The omega plucks a few leaves from the bushes, and throws it at him. Junhui gasps, holding his face, "How could you hurt me, sweetie? Don't you know many ladies will wallow in sorrow if they find out."

Minghao stares at his betrothed in disbelief, moving a few spaces away, "What kind of bullshit."

Junhui picks the last leaf stuck on his hair, and straightens it, waddling closer to him, who hisses at the lack of space. "Such a dirty mouth you have, sweetheart."

"Its only reserved for you." Minghao rolls his eyes, ignoring the wink his betrothed threw at him, "Your parents should have named you Narcissus."

Junhui places a hand over his chest, gasping incredulously, "How can you compare me to such man who only loves himself, darling."

"That's because you do."

"Lies. I love other things too." Junhui grins at him when he turns around to give him an unconvinced look. "Like what?"

"You."

Minghao stands from where he is, giving him a glare before flipping him off. Carrying his basket, he moves to the other side, where the peonies were, ignoring the snickers from the alpha.

"Did I managed to make you nervous, mi amore?"

"I won't hesitate to punch that grin on your face if you don't stop, Prince Junhui." Minghao threatens, raising his fist for implication, the latter raises his hands in mock surrender.

"Not the face, baby doll. I'm sure you don't want to hurt my gorgeous face." Junhui wiggles his eyebrows at him.

"You and Mingyu are so full of yourselves, sometimes." Minghao murmurs quietly, not noticing how Junhui's smile falls for a moment.

"Huh." 

The omega stops from picking flowers and casts him a look, "What?"

"You called him Mingyu. I'm guessing you two got closer now?" Junhui asks, his lips etched into a line, all playfulness he had a minute ago gone, and somehow it makes the omega nervous.