Chapter 19: The Frozen Hotel

Me: Hello again. This is going to be an exciting chapter.

Everyone: Hello!

Me: I just want to let everyone know that I am going to have 22 chapters and then be done with this story. This will be the last case in my story. It has taken me a few years, sadly, to get to this point. I will be working on other stories, including other fanfics and my own original stories. I will be finishing any stories I have started on this account, and then I have two accounts for my other stories. If you would like to read more of my writing you can look at my other stories and accounts. Fanfics FanFictionerDLB and originals DLBtheOriginal thanks guys.

Naru: Enough of the sappy. Debrawriter does not own Ghost Hunt. Enjoy.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

May 7th

~3rd Person~

(Y/N) woke up the next morning after having a dream. She looked at the time and saw that it was 5:30 in the morning. (No wonder the sun wasn't up.) She knew she needed to get up and get ready for the day. Knowing that there was going to be a new case, the first one in England.

After she had gotten ready and packed her bag, she went out and made breakfast her siblings, then woke them all up. As they ate she made lunches for them and told them about what the plan was for today.

"Now, I will be away for a few days. You have Liliana's number in case you need anything." she explained. After telling them everything else they needed to know she headed out the door and started on her way to work.

When she get's to the office building, (Y/N) is lead to the area her team is settled. They are all there already and turn to say hello, but they all pause noticing her bag. 

Mai speaks up. "So we are going on a case today. Looks like it will be for... a few days. I'm going to head home and get my stuff." Then she walks out the door. Most everyone nods and follows her out.

(Y/N) sits down and talks to Lin for a good hour. They hear the phone ring, and Naru quickly picks it up, as he is sitting next to it and he hates the constant ringing of phones.

After a few minutes everyone walks in with their bags and hears Naru say. "We will be there in a few hours." 

He looks up and says, "Let's get everything loaded." So they all work on getting things loaded.

After everything is loaded, they all get in the cars.  They have to drive for a couple hours to get to the building, a small hotel, because of crazy traffic.

They are welcomed by the hotel manager, (Y/N) translating for the team members who can't speak English. "Welcome to The Ivory Muse Hotel. Thank you for coming. We have no guests here. We have been having those struggles I told you about. There is a conference room for you to set up in and then you can sleep in any of the rooms." (Honestly, being able to just choose any room in a hotel and having it all to yourself would be nice.)

We start loading things into the five floor hotel. After everything is inside we put things up in active rooms, and then gather back at base.

We are all sitting down and waiting when Mai says, "You haven't told us what is happening here, please explain."

"Alright Mai, I will explain. For the past year guests have been hearing strange sounds, seeing things move, and have been getting injured at random times. Rooms will become freezing cold at random times also. We are here to make it all stop. If they don't get these things to stop they will have to close down, as they rarely have guests."

"Wow, okay. So how are we going to deal with this." Mai asks.

"That is what we need to figure out." (Y/N) says.

~(Y/N) POV~

We are all sitting around waiting for something to happen for the entire day, but nothing is happening. So when it starts getting dark Naru has us go and get sleep for the night.

As I get ready for bed my siblings call me. I ask them about their days, and we talk about fun things that happened. As we are laughing, I notice the room starts to get cold. I choose to ignore it for now. 

When I am done talking to my siblings I hang up and quickly get off the bed. I look around to try and see something, but as soon as I am focused on it, the room becomes warm again.

I then write down what happened, as I am tired and need sleep, then I crawl back into the bed and sleep.

While I am sleeping, I dream of someone standing at the end of my bed. The person is an old man. He says something, but I can't hear him. I try to get closer to hear him, but I can't move. I then see me on the phone with my siblings, I am smiling and laughing, and the old man is watching. He scowls and reaches towards me, and the room starts to get cold. All of a sudden he looks directly at me, the me watching him. He reaches out towards me and ice starts developing around me. I am almost completely covered in the ice so I yell for help. The ice just finishes covering me as I hear Naru's voice, "Wake up (Y/N)! Wake up."

I quickly open my eyes to see Naru standing above me with his hands on my arm. "Your skin is freezing cold." He lifts the blanket around my shoulders and lays me down. He starts rubbing my arms, using friction to warm me up more, and I say, "I AM freezing cold. I was pretty much an icicle, Naru." Then Lin walks in with warm tea, the rest of the team following him, seeming to have all just woken up.

I tell Naru about what had happened before I went to bed, and what happened in my vision. He tells me, that he doesn't like them always targeting me. "They will always target me, Naru. They do it because they know that I can help them. They just don't realize that is why, at first. I am supposed to help them, that is something that I have gotten used too, and you will have to get used to it yourself. At least, if you are going to stay my boss."

I look at the time and say, "Well, we all might as well just stay awake now. It is almost 8 a.m. I stand up and shoo them all out so they can go and get dressed, and I can get some privacy to get dressed.