Chapter 9: The Personal Case

Me: Hello again everybody!

Mai, Monk, and Ayako: Hello!

Me: That was a bit scary. Anyways, say hello to everyone Masako.

Masako: Hello.

Naru: Okay,we're good to go. Debrawriter does not own Ghost Hunt or you.

Me: Naru, you are so rude.
Edited
_______________________________________________________________

Recap

After I am done working, I head home. When I get to the apartment building, which is 5 floors, I head up to the top floor, where the apartment is. I walk in and put my stuff away, going to my window and opening it. 'Back from a case, and yet, things are even crazier then when I left.' I sit down on the window sill, relaxing. Then, I feel like someone else is in my room, right next to me. I look over and see this man, a dead man. The next thing I know, he has pushed me, and I am falling out my window.

~(Your name)'s POV~

I land on the ground and feel pain through my body. I hear people surrounding me. Someone calls for an ambulance, while someone else is telling me that I will be okay, and that the ambulance is on the way. But, all I can think about is that man. Is he the one after me? Why is he after me? I'm not as powerful as he thinks, so he should just leave me alone. I hear sirens, then I hear medics surrounding me. They check on me and try to ask me questions, but I can barely breath. They lift me up and lay me down on a stretcher, then get me into the ambulance. Just before I pass out, I think I hear Naru's voice yelling for me in worry.

December 10th

~Naru's POV~

Last night scared me and since then I have been in the hospital, waiting to be told that I can see (Your name). Lin had talked to her mother, and told her that (Your name) is in the hospital, but she said she doesn't care, and that (Your name) could just die and she still wouldn't care at all. It angered me to hear that, now I am going to get her out of that terrible place.

I notice the doctor taking care of (Your name) walking toward me. I look up, hoping that he will say I can go see her. Then he tells me, "She is awake now, there is a nurse taking care of a couple of things, but when she walks out you can go see her." I thank him, then stand up going and standing in front of her door. I wait there for a few minutes, when the nurse walks out, surprised that I am standing there, she freezes but then walks away.

As soon as I walk in the door I see (Your name) smile at me. I instantly run over and hug her, surprising her. Then I say, "Please, don't ever scare me like that ever again. I don't want you to get hurt like this ever again." She just sat there, frozen in place, shocked by what I said. Then she speaks up. "Naru, you're hurting me." Causing me to let go and say sorry. "(Your name), can you tell me what happened last night?" She stops to think for a bit, then looks at me.

"After I got home, I went into my room and sat down on the window sill. Then I felt a presence next to me. I looked and saw a dead man, and he pushed me. Then the next thing I know, I am in extreme pain." I feel anger boil inside me. I don't want her getting hurt. "Naru, there was one thing that irritated me. He looked like my father. He died, two years ago." She tells me, causing me to look at her in surprise. "Did he hate you that much?"

She shakes her head. "No. He loved me, he always wanted me to be safe and happy. He even made me a promise. He said that he would protect me no matter what. That is what killed him. A man tried to kidnap me, but my dad wouldn't let him. So that man killed him. Then ran away, I haven't seen that man since." This little story of her's aggravates me to no end. Then I tell her, "We will stop this ghost, I won't let him hurt you anymore." She looks at me in shock.

"(Your name), you will need lots of time to heal. While you are healing we will all be working on this case, it's personal for us, because one of our own is being attacked. From now on, until we solve it, there will be no other cases. I promise, I will solve it, because I don't want you to be hurt anymore." She smiles at me, then I notice tears falling down her cheek. I quickly wipe them away, and I ask her why she is crying. Then what I hear from her attacks my heart. "I never thought anyone would ever care for me again, after my father died. Finally having it again, makes me so happy, I can't help it. I haven't been this happy for over two years, Naru." She continues to cry, so I hold her in a gentle embrace, until she falls asleep.

After an hour passes by, the rest of the team bursts into the room. Monk and Mai freaking out more then any one else. So I stare at them, warning them to be quiet, which scares them into silence. Once they are calmed down, I tell everyone that this will be our new case until it is solved, and we won't take on any others until it is. Everyone agrees to this, wanting to watch out for our new team member.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, life has calmed down enough for me to finish this chapter. I hope everybody enjoyed their holidays and that you all enjoyed this chapter. I am so excited to continue on with this book. Thank you for reading, and see you in the next chapter.