Chapter 16: Missing Her

Me: Hello once again!

Mai and Yasuhara: Hi!

Mai: We are the only ones here today because the others are gone on a job.

Me: I asked if we could do it real quick before they left but Naru wouldn't have it.

Yasuhara: Debrawriter does not own Ghost hunt and of course not you, you are too amazing to be owned.

Me: Stop flirting with the readers Yasuhara.

Edited
___________________________________________________________________________________________

March 15th

~Mai POV~

I was able to watch Y/N on a talk show yesterday. It makes me sad that she has to be doing those interviews instead of coming and hanging out with all of us. Right now, Yasuhara and I are doing some research on the house that everyone else is at on a new job. "Yasuhara, do you think that we will be able to get Y/N back here?"

"I don't know Mai. I keep hoping but nothing has worked so far. Like Debrawr-" ("Yasuhara!!!!") "I mean, like you already know."

I stare at him with angry eyes. (For breaking down that wall that I am currently trying to fix.) Then I look back down at the papers I have sitting in front of me. I have been watching Naru, and he has been stressed. He wants to have her back more than anyone else. We all have been missing her, but Naru loves her.

Naru has become so desperate he is getting close to asking his parents for help, even though he doesn't want to ask for help, he cares more about Y/N.

After doing more research I end up falling asleep. Then I see Eugene and he helps me discover more about the case. But before I wake up he tells me one more thing. "Tell Naru that parents are there to help, and they really do want to help. But it will mean everyone has to go to England."

At first, I am in complete shock, but then I nod and say I will tell him. The next thing I know, I am awake and ready to help. So I grab the phone and call Naru.

~Naru POV~

I am sitting down, writing notes from what I have observed so far, when my phone starts ringing. When I pick up it is Mai and Yasuhara with some information on the case. So everyone gathers around to hear this information. When they tell us what they have Mai asks if she can tell me something, for just my ears. She then tells me something that my brother told her, that I would rather not share.

March 19th

We finished the job late last night and are now on our way back to the office. As we are traveling I decide that I really do need to ask my parents for help, no matter how much I despise the thought.

After we arrive and have all the equipment put away I go in to my office and call my parents, who I haven't talked to for almost a year. They start asking me questions right off the bat. But I stop them and start explaining things.

"I need your he-h-h-hel-" "Are you trying to say you need our help, honey-bunny-money-bear?" My mother asks.

'Yes.' "No, no, I am not saying I need your help." "Are you sure sunny-bunny-funny-monkey?" My father asks.

I despise the nicknames they gave me when I was I child. "Yes, I am sure." "Are you positive itty-bitty-witty-gidy-nitty-gritty-ditty-panda?" They asks together, in complete sync.

"If I tell the truth will you stop with the nicknames for the rest of this call?" I ask remembering why I don't really talk to them, and looking over to see Lin trying to not burst out laughing while hearing the nicknames, since he walked in to talk to me shortly after I started the call and has been waiting since.

"Alright. We will stop for now." My mother finally says.

"Good, thank you. I do need your help, to help my friend." So I tell them the story of how we met Y/N, of her joining us, the cases we did with her, her dead father pushing her out of the window, her being in a coma in the hospital, and finally of what her mother has been forcing her to do.

They say they will start figuring out ideas and calculating how well they would work. I thank them and hang up the phone, before Lin bursts out laughing and I lay my head on my desk, wishing that I had different parents.