Chapter 2: The Angry Spirits

Me: So Mai, how are you feeling about the last chapter?

Mai: So not fair, you shouldn't have something like that for the ending of a chapter!

Me: Sorry Mai, it's the way it is.

Mai: *pouting* Debrawriter does not own ghost hunt or you. Just the characters she adds. You are a jerk Debr-!

Me: On with the story.
Edited
________________________________________
December 4th

~Naru's POV~

After we have everything inside, I am about to get everyone to start setting the cameras, microphones, etc. up, when we hear a scream. Then we hear a few more. We start to run to where we heard the screaming. When we get to the door, I notice that it is (Your name)'s classroom. We open the door and look in to see her eyes pitch black. "She's possessed." Masako tells us. We start getting everyone out of the room while John starts to say a prayer, to cast away the spirit from her.

She heads to attack John and Monk has to hold her back. Then when he finishes his prayer the spirit leaves (Your name)'s body, and she falls to the floor. I go over to check on her and make sure she is okay. Afterwards I pick her up and carry her the base, setting her down to rest.

While she is resting we have meetings with teachers and students that have been involved in the case. We hear all sorts of stories, ones ranging from simple and silly, to terrifying and seemingly impossible. 'What is going on in this school?' After we are done talking with everybody, (Your name) wakes up, looking terrified. I rush to her side.

~(Your name)'s POV~

After I black out I have a dream. In this dream, I am working with the SPR. I am their friend, helping solve many cases. Then I come back to just a few days ahead of today, if it's still the day I blacked out. I somehow stop the spirits by asking them what happened to them. They express the anger they feel to the one who trapped them all there, a demon. Then that demon comes in front of me with the smaller demons that follow him. Then he starts to speak, "I will kill you little girl, stay out of my way!" That is when I jolt up, afraid of that demon.

Naru comes over to my side, seeming to almost run. Then I look him in the eyes and hear his thoughts. 'Why did I rush over to her? It's not like I'm in love with her, am I?' I smile at him. "There's a demon in the school, with several smaller demons following him. He is locking all the spirits he can in the school. I can speak with them to help them go on, to help them find peace. I believe you might be able to find a way to stop him." By time I am done speaking, they are all looking at me in shock, except for Naru and Lin.

Then Naru walks over to Lin and starts to talk to him, so no one else can hear. So I close my eyes, trying to listen when I see a boy looking exactly like Naru show up then, disappear. "Who was that?" They all look at me, then Naru asks, "What are you talking about?" "Nothing." I say, shaking my head. Then I stand up and start to walk out of the room. "Where are you going?" Mai asks quietly. "I'm going to talk to the spirits trapped here, I'm going to help them move on." That is when Naru grabs my shoulder. "You shouldn't go alone, it could be very dangerous." "Okay Naru, so that demon wants me to stay out of the way. Doesn't mean I will just stop trying to help." He stares at me. That is when Ayako pipes up. "You didn't say he wants you to stay out of the way. If you are alone anywhere he could kill you. One of us should stay with you at all times for your safety." Naru nods. "Exactly. Monk, I want you to stay with her and keep her safe at all times." Monk nods and says, "Can do."

I roll my eyes and walk out the door, Monk following after me, while everyone else continues working. I check the time and see it is 6 p.m. meaning all the students are at home, and the teachers are most likely on their way home. I walk into a hall in the middle of the school. I sit down and close my eyes, relaxing. Then spirits start to slowly appear, coming towards me. I can tell this is slightly freaking out Monk. The spirits are very angry shouting at me, and laughing at the fact I think I can help them. Some of what I hear from them are, "You are an idiot." "Dumb girl, thinking you can help, ha, useless." "If only you knew just how weak you are."

"Listen to me, all of you. I understand you feel lost, that you feel trapped. But if you work together you can escape, be free and happy, once again. Just focus on the happy things you felt through your lives. The more happiness the easier it will be for you to escape." They all look at each other wondering if they should try. Then a few start thinking of happy things, and they start to glow. The others see, but still aren't completely sure. "Count on each other, remember the times you laughed, the times your friends were there for you when you felt down. Remember joy, for yours and everyone else's sake." Then the rest start to slowly join in one by one, until finally they are all glowing. The power of joy and happiness helps them to escape the prison they have been stuck in, and they all move on.

I stand up and I feel a shiver. 'Too much happiness for me.' Then I start back towards the base, Monk, once again, following me. Once we get back, Mai jumps at me. "What was that?! That was cool, but also freaky! How did you do it?! Do you think I could learn to do that?! I think it would be aweso-" "Shut up Mai!" I yell at her. "You're being to loud." I sit down on a chair. 'I really could use some tea.' "Mai." I hear Naru say. Then Mai starts walking away grumpily. "Yea, I know. Tea." Then I look at everyone. "Sorry, did I say that out loud?" Monk, Ayako, Masako, John, and Yasuhara all nod. "Oops. Well I should be more careful, what I say then."

After a bit of time passes by, Mai hands everyone tea. We all say thank you, except for Naru. I stare at the back of his head. "She brings you tea and you don't even say thank you. So not impressed." He sighs, then looks at Mai, "Thank you Mai." Then he turns back to his work. Everyone blinks in surprise.

After I finish drinking my tea, and spending some time talking with everyone, I stand up from my seat. "Well, thank you for everything. I should get heading home now, I will see you all tomorrow. Goodnight." They all say goodnight and wave me off, except for Naru and Lin, who are busy working. 'I can't wait for tomorrow.'