Chapter 29

Vyera looked at her for a moment and finally smiled, "Aren't you a sharp one?"

"... Am... Am I wrong?" Wendy said nervously.

Vyera patted her lightly, "You are only partly correct, Wendy. I'm not totally Earthland Vyera."

Natsu was already confused on what Wendy and Vyera were saying. He and Happy were looking at each other without noticing anything, which they were totally ignored by Wendy and you.

"... I am both Lucille of Edoras and Vyera of Earthland now..." Vyera started, "Basically, I'm in her body... I'm just a soul here."

Wendy listened carefully and she nodded her head, "I understand..." She remembered her guild members who were just an illusion made by the Master just for her. Her face was filled with sadness for a moment there.

"But I can't stay too long here... Her body won't be able to stand having more than a soul, especially with Xrytos'... It will break one day... That's why, I have to get back to my own body immediately."

"Ice is in your body!" Natsu said, finally get what was going on.

Vyera was startled for a moment but finally thought it was not weird for Ice to take over her body. His memory must be still lingering around in her body, "I must find him as soon as possible then. Lucille's body is still strong but the faster the better."

"But why your own body could withstand more than a soul?"

"That's a good question, Wendy... Its because Ice's power acted as a seal on Xrytos. So it wasn't exactly 3 souls in my body... Ice reduced the strain on me by doing that."

Not long after, Edo-Lucy showed up and agreed to show them the way to the Capital, with much complaints.

Meanwhile, all of the other Earthland members were trapped inside a giant Lachryma, however, only Ice's Lachryma appeared to be seperated from anyone else. It was for the King's personal usage. It was cut little by little for usage but it didn't seem to decrease in size. Instead, it kept growing bigger and bigger till it was at least a third of everyone's Lachryma all together and was still growing.

The reverse effect was felt by Vyera and Lucille. Slowly but surely, the magic power inside her was decreasing at an alarming rate.

... Do you feel it, Vye?....

"... Yeah... it feels as if my magic power is being transferred back. I guess it's time for me to get back to my real body..." Vyera said calmly, knowing the time has come.

... I don't mind sharing it with you for a while more... After all, you have saved my life...

"Thanks... I appreciate it. But this body won't be able to hold the magic power for too long. It was not born with it."

... Don't push yourself...

"I won't... Don't be such a worrywart, Lucille..."

"Vyera-san!!!" Wendy called from afar while running towards her, "They have found the way." She said while catching her breath and pointing towards Natsu and Edo-Lucy who were at a distance away.

"Finally?" She got up from the cooling shade under a tree, "They should have listened when I said I knew the way to Capital..." Vyera sighed, "Instead, they wasted time arguing..."

Both of them walked together to the Natsu and Lucy who were kinda arguing again. They continued the journey and not long after, they finally reached a town.

"I suggest you guys went to get some weapons before marching into the Capital. After all, without magic, you guys couldn't do anything." Edo-Lucy said.

"I'm okay. I can use mine." Vyera said, "Both of you should look around, just in case."

"How come? We could not use it no matter what we did." Wendy asked in worry.

Vyera shrugged, "I bought unknown potion and drank it... a kind of medicine and it worked. I haven't seen it around since that time."

"Until recently, magic was still traded as common items. Now no citizens could use magic unless given permission, like the Royal Guards and the people in Capital. Only in this black market you could get a weapon illegally." Edo-Lucy explained while showing a way to a basement, "It is better to be armed."

"... I'll scout around the town. Meet at the square later." Vyera said and went off alone while the other tree went to look for suitable weapons.

There was nothing unusual about this town. Everyone was trading except from the basement black market area she came from. After a while, she decided to head to the square to wait for them. Not long after, a commotion started. People started to gather in the middle of the square in front of a fountain.

Vyera immediately asked one of the onlookers, "What happened?"

"Someone was captured by the guards. They say she uses magic without any items!"

"Eh? No way..." Why couldn't she feel it, the magic power? Her detection ability was working fine till Natsu appeared. Now that she thought about it, since entering the town, she didn't feel a single thing, not even when she was near the basement black market where it was supposed to fill with magic weapons.

"Ow! Is that how you treat a woman?!" shouted a familiar voice. Vyera knew that voice. She quickly went through the crowd and came out in the middle of the commotion. At least 10 guards were there while surrounding the woman who was being pushed onto the ground.

"Shut up, you Fairy Tail! The king will punish you for using magic illegally!" The guard shouted.

"How could magic be illegal, you idiot guards!" Lucy retorted in anger whilte getting her feet back onto the ground, "I'll pay you back twice for saying that!"

"Lucy!" Vyera called her. That's her, alright, the real one from Earthland. It was a wonder that she did not become a Lachryma. But now was not the time to think about that. She quickly grab her hand and escaped towards the crowds.

"Nee...-chan?" Lucy called slowly while still running alongside Vyera.

"Not now!" She said. It's better to get away before Natsu and the others came or else, the matter would be worse. But then, when they found Natsu's gang, they were also found by the guards.

"Eh?! There is another me?!" Both Lucy looked and exclaimed at each other.

"Settle this first and we will talk later." Vyera said and summoned her sword Argent. Although she intended to blow all the guards down with her wind magic in one go, but she didn't have enough power to do so. Summoning her sword was the most she could do with her current level of magic power. Well, everything ended up safely after Wendy accidentally used her new weapon and send everyone away.

"... ... ..." Everyone was silent for a while before Wendy said, "Let's go to the inn."

Sitting down with everyone was hardly something Vyera would expect again. To break the silence, she started the conversation, "... So? Which one is more shocking? Meeting your double or me?" She joked. But then, Lucy looked like she was about to cry. Vyera could only pat her head to calm her down.

"I thought... I thought you are..." Lucy kept on sobbing. Vyera smiled and hugged her, "I'm here. I'm alive and well."

Natsu and Happy was as noisy as ever, "Yay!! Our team is getting back together again!! With Vyera here, we won't have any trouble fighting those bastards!!"

"Eh? Eh?" Edo-Lucy looked around from Vyera and Lucy, "Impossible... You are from Earthland?"

"... Sorry for deceiving everyone..." She explained everything that happened till now, including the real identity of Lucille the Princess, how she ended up in her body, left the castle and joined Fairy Tail and about her decreasing magic power.

"So... I will have to get back to my own body soon." Vyera concluded.

Lucy took her turn to say what happened and why she didn't turn into Lachryma. Apparently she was protected by her Stellar Spirits and Mystogan lead her to Edoras. Before she came, Mystogan gave her a potion to drink. That's probably the same thing as what Vyera used to regain her magic power.

... Lucille... Mystogan... is your brother, Jellal.

Vyera talked to her in her mind. Lucille did not respond but Vyera knew she was glad to hear that. She missed her brother the most.

"... I can hardly feel any magic power left in me." Vyera said, "At most, half to one day. Afterwards, I won't be in this body anymore."

Everyone was looking at Lucy now, "... That means... I'm currently the strongest here?" Lucy said.

"Hard to admit but yes." Vyera sighed which afterwards received complaints from Lucy. She was definitely strong enough to protect everyone. Vyera was just teasing her. Just that she was a bit reckless. It was worrisome.

"... Vyera-san," Wendy called and took out a black sword from several items they just bought, it looked like a katana except that it was jet black from the tip to the hilt, "Here, just in case."

It fitted perfectly on Vye's hand. It felt as if it existed for her. It did not contain magic power but it was enough to protect herself, "... Thanks, Wendy. This is great. What's its name?"

She shook her head, "There's none. It is a cursed sword and the price is very low. Now I'm glad that we went ahead and bought it."

"...Cursed huh? I like it." Vyera said while putting it back into its sheath and made it disappear into other dimension to be kept, just like Erza's ex-quip. But after using such a little amount of magic, her consciousness seemed to shift for a while. The scenery was different. What Vye saw was the inner section of the castle, the castle ground. A lot of guards were surrounding her, as if going to attack any minute with their weapons. Then someone was approaching. Vye couldn't see that person's face well, he was too far away. But he seemed to be someone of high position that everyone bowed their heads as he passed. Could that be the King? The scenery stopped there. Her consciousness shifted again as she heard someone calling her name in worry.

"Nee-chan!!"