Chapter 39

Vyera stared at her for a while, "... You do not seem to be here to kill me?"

She closed the door to the room and walked nearer to Vyera. Standing in front of her, she bowed deeply, "I'm sorry to doubt you." 

"There was no need for that. It was not wrong that I indirectly caused your parents and comrades' deaths. That's why I will not hold a grudge even if you want to kill me." 

"Yet, it was not your fault. I can’t kill you."

"... By the way," Vyera started, "Why did you change your mind suddenly?" 

"Actually... I disguised myself and forced one of the involved people to spit everything out. He was scared to his wits when I appeared as my mother."

Hearing that, Vye practically stared at her with her eyes gone wide and round. Seeing her expression, Luna added that she looked like her comatose mother a lot. Everyone thought she was dead except for her. 

"... What do you intend to do now?" Vyera asked after recovered from her shock, "Confront the Council?"

"... No... Even if I would like to do so, they are funding my mother's treatment. I can only see that as an act to atone themselves... Plus, the guy who led the operation was dead." Luna said, "With or without your report, my family and guild would have perished at a time. Somehow... my will to revenge disappeared completely. Previously I kept on thinking you were the cause of everything and the Council was my savior. Now..."

Vyera smiled seeing her confused look. Previously she looked like someone mature and could handle things better than adult themselves. But now, she looked like a sister to her, who was having some difficulties and consulted her.

"Look... If you could forget your hatred, that’s the best that could happen to you," Vyera said while patting her head, "Live for your own sake and live it to the fullest. Now you might still be confused but take your time. You are still young, your future is bright."

She finally laughed, "I’m older than you yet it feels like you are more mature than me. Thanks, Boss." 

"Geez, you make me sounds old." Vyera grumbled.

Luna suddenly kneeled down, "Hereby I pledged myself to assist you in any way I can. If by my life or death I could protect you, I will."

"You are exaggerating, aren't you?" Vyera said and motioned to her to get up, "I should be the one protecting you guys instead, as a Head. Either way, I’m glad. Be more open and talk to the others more. Guide them. You are levels higher than them."

"... Even more than you?" She joked.

"You are 100 years too early to challenge me." Vye smirked, replying her joke. They had a good laugh there. Then Vyera remembered of the letter she had gotten from her guild. She decided to ask Luna. She was assigned directly from Council. She should know how it worked. 

"Then Luna, my first task for you." Vyera said, "How do I get a break for this?" 

"Hah?" Luna did not expect this question. Vyera then shoved her the letter she received. She roughly get the gist of it, "I was assigned to monitor you, so I must report whatever you did to them."

"Damn they. I knew it won’t be easy." Vyera said, scratching her head.

"... But if I didn’t report anything, it means everything is under control." She continued and grinned to Vyera. Vye got what she meant in a matter of split seconds. 

"Luna! I love you!" Vyera hugged her. 

Luna smiled, "I’m not into same gender love though."

"Me neither. But won’t it endanger your mother's life? I mean, she is-"