Chapter 25 - Nirvana Arc

"Vye... Is that really you...?" Gray said to her and tried to reach out to her. However, Vye-look-alike ignore him and attacked him without giving him anytime to rest or think.

"Hey wait!!" Gray said to her, which was clearly ignored again. With Gray's condition, its impossible to win her. Even to dodge her attacks, he already had difficulties. Her agility was better compared to before. He then realised it when he saw saw her eyes. Those eyes were not showing any life. She was just like a puppet. She was being controlled. There was no mistake.

"... Kill."

That was the order given to her and she would obey it even it costed her life. Gray couldn't think of anything that could stop her from attacking him. He was injured and the time was running out. She didn't show any opening to let him make her faint or distracted for a moment. He tried to approach the sphere but was completely blocked by her.

"If I didn't destroy this...!!" Gray shouted frustrated.

She kept on attacking. Suddenly her movement slowed down. She was unable to control her body for a second and mumbled, "... Master..."

Gray used this chance to pin her on the ground and freezed both her hands and legs so that she couldn't move. He managed to destroy the sphere just in time. Gray heaved a sigh of relief and sat down on the ground. He had no strength left to fight her. But the expected attacks didn't come. She was lying on the floor, still being helf by the ice, writhing in pain.

"... H-Hey..." Gray called in concern. He was sure his ice wouldn't cause any pain or injury. So why?

She didn't move, just trembling in pain and shouting in silent. No voice came out from her. Gray was unsure whether he should approach her. His guts told him to stay where he was but watching her like this was unbearable. It was like watching Vye being tortured but unable to help her. After a while writhing in pain, she lied there, unmoving. Anyone who saw her now would definitely think she was dead. Gray went to check up on her. Her body was as cold as ice.

"Hey, Vye!" Gray shouted her name. He was already in panic. Was she really dead? He didn't believe it till now and still didn't want to believe it even when he held her lifeless body on his arms, "No... Vye! You can't die yet!" He carried her lifeless body back with him and ran at full speed towards his comrades who were waiting for him at the designated point, hoping that they knew what happened to her, "... Someone... please save her!"

"There! He is back!! Gray!!" Lucy waved happily from afar, together with the rest of the gang. Everyone was pretty beat up and Wendy was healing them. Everyone won their battles.

"Gray!! Who is-" Lucy gasped at the sight of Vye's body,"Nee-chan... Where... How..."

"Gray! She-" Erza started but was cut off by Gray immediately.

"I don't know! I don't know what happened to her!" Gray shouted deperately. He slowly explained how he found her and what happened.

"... That Zero..." Erza turned and grabbed Zero to question him, "What did you do to her?!"

"I did nothing! She was like that when I found her!"

Saying that, he received a punch from Erza, "Then why did she call you Master?!"

"I was just manipulating her. Her body was full of wounds yet they healed in a matter of hours. That's the trait of powerful demon. Who doesn't want to use her if you know she won't betray you no matter what?!"

While Erza was interrogating Zero, Vye was slowly returning back to her human form, yet her body was still cold, "Nee-chan..." Lucy cried, "Why..."

With all the thoughts and also commotions when the council came to take Jellal away, they couldn't find out any further from Zero. Plus, Erza was totally down when she was forced to let the council took Jellal away to prevent any damage to everyone. The council spotted Vye too.

".... Is that... Vyera Phoenix?"

"You have already took Jellal away! We won't let you take her!" Gray and Natsu said in unison.

"Is she alive?"

"...."

"We have only found her. Do you mind letting us take her back to the guild to be treated and I'll especially write a full report on what happened to her afterwards." Erza said politely but with an angry tone. She wanted to rush back to guild and checked up on Vyera. She didn't want to believe she was dead either and didn't plan to mention that to the council. If they knew, they would take her body for examination or even worse experiment.

"... Fine. We will definitely report this so you can't hide it."

At the very end, the gang found no clue on what happened to Vye. They decided to bring her back to the guild and let Master examined her. Wendy was coming along to join the guild as her old guild was just and illusion created by Cait Shelter master to protect her. She was trying her best to heal... no, revive Vye during the journey but to no avail. Arriving at the guild, the news shocked everyone. They dare not believe their eyes. It was Vye alright but...

"... Is she really dead...?" Gray asked no one in particular while looking at Vye, who was sleeping peacefully... like the dead. He was already on verge of crying.

"Her magic power was faint... She was mostly likely..." He bit his lips, refusing to continue the sentence. The dead lose their magic powers slowly even after they let out their last breath. Her magic power was going to vanish in just a few more minutes.

Nobody knew what happened, whether it was a miracle or it was Vye's power, her lifeless body was slowly glowing in faint light.

"Her body is getting warmer!" Lucy shouted, who had been holding her hand since they reached the guild.

Her face was gaining back its colour and she started to breathe slowly. Her heart started to beat again. Everyone was shouting her name, trying to get her awake. Indeed, her eyes were opening slowly.

"... Where am I?" She said softly.

"You are in the Guild, Vye!"

"... Vye?" She repeated and suddenly her eyes widen in shock. She immediately stood back up, causing everyone to stun. She looked at her own body and slowly rubbing her own face, as if trying to make sure she had not changed. She was as surprised as everyone there, "How the hell could this happen!!" She shouted.

"Erm... Vye?" Levi called.

"No... No! I'm not Vyera!"