Chapter 3

"... I was around 10 years old when I found Gray wounded near the port. He was unconscious and injured pretty badly. I had to drag him back to the guild to be treated... Master should still remember that day. I was in charge in treating him until he was fully recovered." 

The others were listening attentively, with great interest and curiosity, especially Master and Lucy. Sighing, Vyera continued her story.

"Thereafter, four of us... me, Erza, Gray, and Natsu, often went out for missions together. But when we reached our teens, Erza went more for solo mission while Natsu always disappears to find Igneel with Happy whenever there are rumours about him. The team was left with Gray and I."

"And then? then?" Lucy urged her to continue when Vyera paused. She sighed again and decided to explain further.

"So basically, we  teamed up since both of us have no other reason not to." 

They all nodded their heads excitedly. They just wanted to hear the reason directly from her mouth.

"When I reached 16, I moved into the current apartment. Coincidentally, Gray also lived in the same apartment, only a floor below mine."

She totally heard them whispering. They did not even tried to lower down their volume though, despite the obvious whisper, "Is she sure it is just a COINCIDENCE?" 

Vyera glared at them and they kept their silent. 

"One day, a guy casually approached me in a bar. At first glance, you would think that he was a caring and protective guy. He immediately asked me to be his girlfriend."

"And you agreed?" Lucy asked flabbergasted.

"Yeah, I did, out of curiosity. That was the first time a guy confessed to me after all. In the end, he was just a jerk."

- Flashback -

Sitting alone in the bar with a glass of beer on her hand, Vyera could hear a familiar voice calling out to her. It was the guy who approached Vyera recently to ask her to be his girlfriend. Vyera didn't know whether she really love him or not. She was just surprised of the first confession of her life and accepted him as a boyfriend without really thinking about it too deeply.

"Hey, Vye, come here!" he ordered while pulling a girl beside him closer and without a doubt, was flirting with him just a second ago. Looking at him playing around with women, kissing them without a care, made Vyera realised she was making a huge mistake by agreeing to be his girlfriend.

She decided to go ahead to the cashier, pay for her drinks and left without even bothering to entertain a drunk guy flirting with a bunch of girls. But before she could even do that, their conversation turned into something that made her blood boils with anger.

"Mr Franz, is that your girlfriend? Why did you call out to her? We are here for you, you know... Or are you just toying with our feelings?" said one of the girls, faking her tears and saying in a high-pitched voice in which Vyera hated the most.

"Of course not! I love you girls much more than her!" Franz continued on without even caring that Vyera was actually there, listening to him, "She is just a tool for me. She is a mage from the famous Fairy Tail! If I ever got into trouble or something, she will surely help me, and I can even get it for free! Isn't that great?! She is just a stupid but useful tool!"

That was the last straw. She knew he was just drunk and all. But those words uttered out when you were drunk, were the most honest. Vyera could not listen to any more insults. It was not even a week since she agreed to be his girlfriend. 

She was ready to go over, gave him a slap, a punch, wrecked the place where he was seated and made him pay for it. However, someone stood in front of him before Vyera could even reach him. Vyera recognised the black-haired guy immediately, "Gray?"