Chapter 41 - S-class Exam Arc

"Oh come on, I will only be gone for 3 days. I will be back before you know it." Vye said when she saw Rena pouted as they sent her off at the entrance.

"But... It will be so boring. I want to go too." She said with everyone else nodding their heads in agreement. Luna slowly approach and whispered to Vyera, "I almost find the place he is at. Most likely by tomorrow."

"Good job, Luna." Vyera whispered back, "If you need me urgently, find me using your magic." This made Luna utterly surprised as she did not expect to be found out so soon even with her anti-magic detention earrings. Despite that, she smiled and answered, "Then... Take this with you. It will allow me to reach you easier." She said and shoved a bracelet to Vyera who then wore it.

Vyera patted her shoulder and said, "Then... I will be counting on you to take care of these rascals." Vyera said jokingly, inviting some objections from the rascals, "See you guys again soon!"

Vyera was really looking forward going back to the guild. It felt years waiting for this chance. She told Gray what happened when she just reached in details, which parts of it rendered Gray speechless.

"I did not know so much can happen in just 2 months of your stay there... Now I really want to take you and run away from there." Gray said before realizing what he had just said and blushed. Vye was really happy to hear that.

"Don’t worry... You have seen all of them. They won't pose any threats to me and I won't be seeing the Council as often as I thought. I can keep going if I know someone is out there waiting for me." Vye said and that in return, made Gray smile.

Despite having 3 days break, Vyera used up a day to travel back to Magnolia. This meant that only 2 days left. She did not even know if she will be able to enjoy it fully. The council might just decide to visit their HQ suddenly. She could only hope Luna would be able to inform her on time if that really happened. Both of them reached the town quite late at night. They headed immediately to their usual apartment and went on to their own rooms. Vyera's room was not touched. Yet, it seemed it was cleaned every day. She was grateful to the landlady who did this for her. She wanted to rent out her room but since the landlady did not mind it, she decided to leave it empty.

The next day would be announcement of who would be in charge of the exam. Although it was almost certain that the S-class mages would be the ones but it wouldn't be all of them, depending on how many the candidates were. Gray went ahead to the guild that early morning. The announcement would be made in afternoon. Reaching the guild, almost everyone was there. He was immediately dragged to the counter and interrogated by most of them, especially the gang.

"Where's Nee-chan?" That's the first question he received after he was dragged by Lucy.

Did not want to spoil the surprises, he replied quite sadly, "She could not make it. She was not allowed to step outside from there. She sends her regards for everyone."

Lucy looked pretty sad. She continued asking him, "Is she well? They did not torture her, did they?"

"If they did, I would bring her back already." Gray replied with angry tone as Lucy seemed to doubt him, "She is fine. Don't worry about her."

Meanwhile, Vyera had already sent a letter to Jiichan, informing him that she was back but he must leave it as a surprise when they announced the examiners. Vyera would definitely participate. it only happened once in a while after all. She would never miss the fun of playing with the candidates. She disguised herself using the transformation magic into a kitten and headed towards the guild. When she reached, there was already a commotion outside the guild. Even a stage had been set up. Vyera wondered if they ever made it so grand before.