Chapter 34

"Gray already told us how you acted funny just now..." Erza started; ready to give lecture anytime now.

"Okay, okay," Vye stopped her before she went any further, "I don't plan to hide anything either." She put down the stuff that she bought on the table and took out the letter from her pocket, "Read this and you'll understand what's going on."

She snatched the letter and quicjly got her eyes to work. The more she read, the angrier she became. Then she passed the letter roughly to Lucy who then read it with her expression getting anxious as her eyes move towards the end.

"... In other words, they are taking you in custody?!" Lucy answered after reading that letter. Gray and Natsu both grabbed the letter from Lucy's hand and read it together. They can't say anything else after reading that. The letter was then passed to Wendy, Charle and Happy.

"... What are you planning to do?" Erza asked while looking directly at Vye. Glaring might be a good word here.

"Honestly I don't know." She answered, "Before this, I would just go on my own without telling you guys... That might have been an easier decision..."

"... The last time you left us for the Council, we almost never see you again..." Gray started, "This time might be the same. Seeing this letter, I doubt they will let you go so easily."

"I have no confidence either. I don't know any of the new members in the Council. They might keep me down at the underground prison forever..."

"Who the hell is reporting you to the Council?!" Natsu bursted out of his anger, "I'll make sure to barbeque them!!"

"... Might be a test for the candidates of the new "Secret Inspection Mage", spying and gathering information secretly... It's exactly like how the Council would act. I have not been reporting since I'm back and the demon wing certainly attracts attention." She guessed, "So this time, I would want everyone's opinion instead of deciding on my own."

"Don't go." That was the only thing that everyone said at the same time.

Vyera was stunned by their simultaneous answers and finally smiled, "Thank you... but I can't afford to let them come and wreak havoc at the guild anymore."

"To tell you the truth, I see no other option other than surrendering yourself." Erza sighed after calming down a little, "If you don't go, they'll come. If they can't find you, the guild is over."

"Erza-!" Lucy wanted to complain but Vye stopped her.

"Exactly. I see no other way round this except that." She said, agreeing to Erza's opinion, "... Although if I officially quit the guild then-"

"No way! We won't let you do that." Gray was the first to oppose that decision.

"... Nee-chan, don't force yourself to leave when you don't want to. I know your pride being a mage of Fairy Tail..."

"... But if that pride caused my precious guild and comrades to perish, I would rather give up that pride." Vye said. Lucy fell silent after her answer.
"Save it, the Council won't let us go even if you quit the guild. Don't bother doing it." Erza said while still thinking.

"If needed, I would march to the Council and beat the shit out of them all." Gray said while punching his other hand. He was serious.

"No!" Vye objected so loudly that everyone was surprised, "I won't let anyone do that. I know the council... They can just capture you for trespassing. Moreover, this new council might not be as lenient as the previous one. That's what I'm most scared of happening." She said while grabbing her other arm, shaking, "I don't want to lose any more family."

"... We need a plan that will make the Council stop bothering us about the demon..."

"... Why... Why are you still so calm?!! Here we are, worried about you!" Lucy suddenly shouted, "You should at least feel scared!! Or... or..." She trembled in anger and cried, "... Just how far do you plan to sacrifice yourself to protect us...?"

"... I don't plan to sacrifice myself. This time, I will make sure I come back, even though im not sure how long..." She said and approached her, "Thank you for worrying, little sister..." You patted her, "But this is my problem... Like I said, I can't involve the whole guild just for me... It just doesn't feel right. I don't want to destroy the guild with my own hand either."

"... We might just go on our own to save you. You know that, right?". Erza said.

"That's why I'll make sure I come back before that. Or at least, I hope so... Just patiently wait and don't make me feel guiltier than I already am."

Erza sighed, "Looks like nothing we say will stop you from going."

Vye could only smile sadly to her. She knew she might not make it back unless a miracle happened. Lucy stayed with her till late night before Vye sent her home with Wendy after settling down a little. That night, Vye couldn't sleep. She kept thinking and could only feel that she wouldn't be able to see them for at least years before she could come back.

Gray didn't say anything much from the moment he read the letter. Vyera was more worried about him. She decided to go to his room.

She knocked on his door. Unexpectedly he answered, "Come in, Vye."

She slowly opened up the door, "... Gray, can I sleep with you tonight?"

He didn't say anything. He looked away from her and sat on his bed. Vyera could feel something was wrong. She went to his side yet he turned his back on her. Something like this happened before. She smiled to herself and hugged him from behind. He still didn't return back her hug. "The same old worry again??"

"... You still love him, don't you?"

"I do." She answered honestly and could feel he tensed up a bit, "... As a sister." Vye continued.

"... What do you mean?" He asked back, now looking at Vye who was peering from beside him.

She took out something from her pocket and put it on his finger. It was a matching ring with the one he gave her on her tomb. Vye created an exact same ring.

"Vye, this..."

"I have told you, Gray... I'm over him. I love him only as a sister now. Nothing more than that. You are the only one for me... No one else. I promise on these rings... That I will love you... No matter what happened."

He immediately hugged and kissed her passionately."I'm sorry to ever doubt you."

Vyera was happy to hear that but that could mean that he will be all alone if she never make it back, "Gray... If I don't come back-"

"You'll come back." He retorted.

"But if... Just if... Please... forget about me."

"No. Remember what you just promised?"

"Yes... I will always love you. But it isn't fair to you. You deserve a better woman."

"You are the only one for me, no one else."

"... What a perfect situation to use my quote." Vye smiled, "... I'm serious, Gray... If I don't... no if i can't come back, forget about me."

Gray was silent for a while before he said, "You knew well I won't be able to forget about you. Even if I'm with another woman, I won't love her."

"Please, Gray... Don't make me feel guilty as I already am... I can't promise whether I'll come back."

"if you never come back, I will find you... No matter where you are."

"Gray-"

"No, that's final." He stopped her from arguing any further. Vye couldn't say anything else. He had made up his mind. She was happy but it wasn't fair to him, "... Then Gray, make me yours tonight."

He was of course startled, "Are you serious, Vye?"

She nodded, "If you want to wait for me..."

Whatever happened that night, only Vyera and Gray knew. It was as if nothing could ever separate the both of them.

The very next morning when she woke up, she saw Gray beside her, putting his arms around her protectively. She just wanted time to stop right now, forever like this. But reality set in. She must go today.
She gave him one more kiss before she got up and went back to her own room, getting ready to go. She decided to leave everything here, not sure whether they would be used. Even if she wanted to leave early, the moment she stepped out from the apartment, the gang was already waiting. Even Gray. He should be the one who informed them.

Vye sighed in defeat, "I won't leave without saying anything this time. I planned to properly go to the guild and say goodbye to everyone."

They didn't mention anything else and faithfully accompany her to the guild to inform the others. Of course it came as a shock to them, especially Jii-chan. "Why didn't you tell us earlier??"

"I knew it just yesterday too...... I don't want any of you to worry about me. It has been way too many times that I went ahead with my own decsion and ended up not coming back for long..." She laughed bitterly.

When she saw everyone's down faces, she just smiled to them, "I will keep in touch, for sure. I might just come back tomorrow, you know? I can't predict what the council will do."

"Ok. but make sure you keep in touch If they dont let you come back. Promise?"Mira pleaded.

She nodded, "I promise."

Someone pushed a drawing to Vye, "For you."

It was Reedus, the drawing expert in the guild. It was a drawing of the guild with all the current members in it, including Gajeel, Juvia and Wendy.

"Thank you, Reedus..." she hugged him, "I will treasure this..." She said while keep admiring the drawing he just gave her. Everyone in the picture was laughing happily. Even Luxus and Mystogan were inside. It was the first picture she had a picture that included every single family members in, without excluding anyone, "Thank you..."

She had determined herself not to cry, it was not a goodbye. She will always come back here one day.But as she walked away further from the guild and looked back, she had a feeling that she will not be able to see them for a very long time...... She certainly hope she was wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shorei's Message:

Thanks to all readers who voted and messaged me ^^ 

After this chapter, I will add on a original story for Vyera during her stay in the Magic Council. Since Mashima-sensei still doing the Tournament Arc, I figured I shall do this since I haven't written any filler story for a while now.

Hopefully, the readers will enjoy this. The filler story will last for around 5 chapters or more. Afterwards, I will continue according to the manga again. Of course, there will still be Fairy Tail characters playing minor roles in it.

Please enjoy, vote and comment! <3