PART WAYS

requested by: YesNoYes1
__

"Congratulations Ms. Park, the other party finally signed the papers, I hope you won't regret your decision"
The attorney said and walked out

Jihyo faked a smile and thought

'Of course I won't regret it, in any ways I made the right decision, right?'

___

Flashback

Everything was fine that day, Jihyo, Jeongyeon, and the 19 year-old Chaeyoung were watching a football match at the living room of their lovely home.

"Mom, when will I get a car?"
Chaeyoung asked Jeongyeon

"You asked the wrong person. Your mom is so strict, I can't disagree with her"
Jeongyeon replied

"You really can't, because if you did-well I'll never let you disagree"
Jihyo intervened

"Speaking of cars, no you can't have it yet, and we have to change schedules about who's driving you from and to your University. For tommorow, I will be driving you to school and Jeongyeon for the after class"
Jihyo added

"That's fine by me, thanks moms"
Chaeyoung said and hugged her parents

The next morning, Jihyo and Chaeyoung prepared to leave while Jeongyeon left earlier for work.

"Enjoy your day!"
Jihyo shouted as Chaeyoung run inside her university and met her friends.

The whole day for them was stressful but still enjoyable at some point.

Around 3pm, Jeongyeon called her daughter and asked if she's done with her classes but the latter said no. Chaeyoung had some club activities to do and extended her time at school for at least 3 hours.

Chaeyoung called her later on after her duties, asking her to come and pick her up. Jeongyeon came immediately.

"You should be careful at driving mom, accidents happen anytime anywhere"
Chaeyoung reminded

She went inside the car as they both travel towards home with blasting music inside the car. They were singing along and dancing to the beat not until the time seemed to slow down as they reached the highway intersection. The streets were empty and quite dark, they were the only one driving at that time but another car unexpectedly came into view from the right, driving towards where Chaeyoung was sitting. Jeongyeon tried to steer the wheel so that the impact will be on the back part of the car and not her daughter but she wished she had a faster reflex because the other car already hit Chaeyoung's side and made them spin.

It all happened in a flash, next scene was both cars were turned upside down, highly damaged like it was a crushed can.

__

"Doc! Ms. Yoo is already awake" the nurse announced

As soon as Jeongyeon opened her eyes to the blinding lights, she tried to look at her side and asked,