Mental Disease

Milena

"Thank you." I mumbled softly, sending Dennis a small smile as he opened the door of the restaurant we were eating at. I had been ignoring Jasons call for the rest of the day and decided to stay Dennis valentine when after all he was the one showing interest and care unlike his so called friend. "Always for the babe." He chuckled, shoving his hands into his pockets before walking ahead of me.

"Table for two." He stated as I stayed behind, looking around to make sure no one I know was here and seeing me. When it turned out to be a success, the woman showed us our table and walked off again. After we sat down, Dennis licked his lips, his eyes finding mine. "So" He started causing the both of us to chuckle sightly. "Yeah?" I questioned, tugging a strand of hair behind my ear.

His gaze followed, "How have you been?" He asked, making me smile. "Shouldn't I be the one to ask that since you're a thug?" I grimaced, only to have him laugh. "A thug? Really? That's the only thing you got?" He anaged to get out between laughter. My cheeks heated up as I shrugged while smirking like an idiot. Me and those embarrassing moments.

"I have been good, by the way." He smirked before his eyes fixed on something behind me. As I turned around the waitress was already next to us. "So lovebirds, what would you like to drink?" The old lady asked when my eyes widened and Dennis gaze met mine. "We are not together." I mumbled, looking down, embarrassed by her statement. "I'll have a beer." He replied, trying to ease the awkwardness.

Licking my lips, I glanced back up to see her pursing her lips. "A water, please." I softly spoke before she nodded and walked away. "Lovebirds" He chuckled, bringing his hand up to cover his eyes as he shook his head. Laughing as well, I brushed my hand through my locks. "That's what you get for hanging out on Valentine's Day." I nodded my head, looking around the room, only to find couples. 

"Hanging out? I thought this was a date." He pouted, staring at me. I chuckled a little, "Then a date it is." I nodded my head in agreement. "I'm not so sure if Jason would like hearing that." I mumbled, tearing my eyes away from him. He sighed and shifted around in his seat a little, "Nobody said he will." Shaking his head, he opened his mouth to say something but closed it right afterwards, furrowing his eyebrows.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "What?" I bit my lip, desperately wanting to know what he was about to say. Somehow, the topic Jason just made me incredibly curious. Dennis bit his bottom lip as well, fighting with himself whether he should say what he wanted to or not. "You see," He started, letting out a sigh, "I told you to strain my ears for you. And I did..." He trailed off, fake smiling awkwardly.

Snoring at his facial expression, I raised my eyebrows, "And?" I asked softly, chewing on my bottom lip. He hold his finger up, telling me to wait a minute. "Your drinks." The lady came back, placing our drinks on our table. "What would you like to eat?" She smiled as my eyes found the menu on the table. Thanks for reminding me. "I'd like the spaghetti." Dennis looked up at her when I nodded mentally. "Same for me." I smiled at her before she strolled away once more.

"Back to the topic." I said immediately when my whole body heated up. Now, talking about desperation. He laughed, placing his hand on his heart, "I'm offered, really. I thought what we had was real." He nodded, seriousness dripping his tone when he broke out into a chuckle. Sarcastically rolling my eyes, I crossed my arms over my chest. He shook his head a little, "No, seriously. Do you like him or something?"

As he raised his eyebrows, my bottom lip was captured by my teeth. I shrugged sightly, "No. He's been nothing but a bipolar brat to me." Dennis took a sip of his beer before licking lips to save the taste, "He has a bipolar disorder." He mumbled, not glancing at me when a gasp left my mouth. "Really?" I kinda trailed off, not knowing how to react. "Yep from his father." He started tapping his fingers on the table, creating a comfortable beat that made me nervous though.