XOXO's

Milena

My eyes fluttered open as I stretched my arms, my head shifting from side to side when a yawn left my lips. Definitely not ready for school after what happened yesterday, I turned around to take my phone in my hands. I furrowed my eyebrows, realizing that Jason wasn't even here anymore. And somehow that made my whole day already curmmier when it didn't really start yet.

2 new messages made my heart skip a beat, my teeth sinking into my bottom lip as I silently prayed it would be him. Sliding my thumb over the sensitive screen of my iPhone, I unlocked it to check my messages.

Could have told me your mom is back home. Shortish, babe.

Skip today

My heart literally stopped while my cheeks were burning by now. I still wasn't used to him calling me nicknames and just even the thought of skipping school for him made me smile. But I couldn't, I knew that. Although I didn't want to seem uptight like he always said. Sighing, I thought of a way to reply him.

Can't unless I want to get killed... :(

Clicking send, I stood up, running my hand through my messy morning hair. I used to tie my hair into a bun back a year ago or so but I didn't see sense in that anymore since I would shower in the morning anyways. And that's what I did. Softly rubbing my skin with shampoo, getting my hair done, definitely enjoying the hot good mornings. 

Stepping out of the shower, I dried myself before looking for a good outfit. I left my hair open in soft natural curls before I grabbed my phone once again, a little excited to what Jason replied.

Lol i smell tightness ;)

Gulping at the double meaning, I shook my head, not wanting to go further with my thoughts.

You wish

Throwing my phone into my bag, I basically jumped down the stairs, knowing Nancy would be here any minute. But suddenly it vibrated again, signalizing me I received one new message which I immediately opened. 

Sorry, can't pick you up today 

Narrowing my eyes at Nancys weird behaviour, I groaned loudly. Just great. Not only did I need to take the bus but it was the XO I was missing behind her messages. She didn't type it which was very strange for her. So maybe, she was not only angry but furious at me and I didn't notice it. But why would she? I didn't do anything to her and if she was mad over Jason then she was just acting childish.

I didn't even bother answering her since she wouldn't answer anyways and because I didn't want to piss her off even more. It was clear she had something against me but if she hadn't the guts to actually say it into my face nor to talk to me at all and to avoid me, then so be it.

Quickly grabbing some shoes, I walked out as I bit my lip. Hopefully I wouldn't miss my bus now since the stop was three minutes ago and the bus would arrive any minute. I cursed under my breath, hoping God would understand my situation and not make it worse now.

Finally arriving at the bus stop it already pulled into the driveway as I stepped in sending the driver an apologetic smile. "Sorry." I whispered which he returned in a soft nod and a smile, telling me it would be fine. Sitting in one of the empty seats, I rubbed my hands over my face. Today was definitely not my day, I could tell you.

X

Good morning, honey. How's school huh? :p

I rolled my eyes at Dennis text message, glancing up to make sure my teacher wouldn't catch me texting. As he turned around to write something on the board, my fingers quickly typed in a reply.