Freedom

Milena

"But Danie—" My mother whined, reaching her hand out to grab my fathers arm only to have him pull away, shaking his head in disbelief. His cold eyes found mine before he turned around to leave my room, leaving my mother behind. She sighed, bringing her hands up to rub her face, probably wishing that this was a nightmare. But unfortunately it wasn't. My grip around Jasons shirt, he left here before he sneaked out in the morning, tightened.

I let out a quick sob, quickly bringing my hand up to cover my mouth again, not wanting my mother to hear. However, she did though and turned to look at me, her eyes mirroring mine as they were filled with tears.

"I can call Nancys mother, I'm sure she will understand..." She trailed off, trying to bring out the best in the messed up situation. I only shook my head. As much as I loved my mother, she didn't have the power to let go off my father as well. She hadn't even the courage to protect me.

Standing up from my bed, I grabbed Jasons shirt as well as some shirts and trousers. Just so I would be able to survive for some days. I wiped away the few tears that still lingered on my cheeks. As I tried to fish out my phone from my bag, my hands started shaking causing me to sob even harder than before.

Never would I had thought that my parents would really throw me out sometime. I never would had thought that I would be one of those kids. With a lonely heart and a simple bag. With no home.

But I guess everything changes sometime and it changes in the most unexpected situations. Just when you think everythings fine, it will kick you good and hard to wake you up from your fairy tale.

"Hey?" A way too familiar raspy voice answered the phone as I held my hand over my mouth to prevent myself from sobbing. After a few seconds passed when he cleared his voice, "Milena?" Jason questioned when I heard him shifting in the background.

"Jason" I whimpered, quietly sobbing to myself as I sat back down on my bed. "Baby, what happened?" He raised his voice as if he was starting to become angry. Seems like Tom wasn't lying when he said he will tell my father. Congrats, drama is coming. "My parents just threw me out." I mumbled, not wanting my father to hear whom I was talking to and as sure as hell not about what.

"They what?" He growled, the anger getting the best out of him. Unfortunately, it only made me sob harder. Him being furious only made the situation worse. As usual, I would sit on my bed right now, surfing on the web or talking to Nancy but karma decided to finally step into my life.

I nodded, forgetting he wasn't able to see me for a second before I mumbled a quick "Yeah". He sighed, groaning into something which I guess his hands, "You can stay over here." He suggested, his voice raising sightly as hope filled his tone. I gulped, "I don't know, my mother said I could stay at Nancy's and when they are finding ou—" I rambled until he stopped me, "I'll pick you up in 10." Before hanging up like that.

Smiling softly, it quickly disappeared when I turned around to grab more clothes, pushing them into my small bag. Just then I received a new message causing me to shriek in surprise. Grabbing it immediately, I sighed as it was Nancy and not Jason, telling me he was here.

Omg we gotta talk later alright? XO

I thought about it. Jason surely told her as he stated he is very close to her too. So she probably got it from him. It's not like I didn't want to go over to Nancy's. But right now, I was closer to Jason. Scratch that, I was falling in love with him. And I wanted to spend my time with him and Nancy. But him in first place. I wanted falling asleep in his arms become a regular thing.

Alright babe <3

I replied, throwing my phone back onto my bed as I continued packing. My father had told me to get out within half an hour. After he told me, I was basically paralysed because he was my daddy. Yes, our family hadn't been a family for what felt like forever but he was one of the reasons I was there and alive.