Confessions and A First Kiss

"Um.. Sure." Hermione was hesitant but felt she should stay.

"Listen." Draco said, rubbing the back of his neck, "I just wanted to apologize."

Hermione smiled and stepped forward, so they were only a few feet apart. "Draco, you don't have to, I know you didn't have a choice and you were just doing what you had to, to survive."

"I appreciate that, but I need to say this." Draco took a deep breath, "I never meant any of the things that I said to you, I was raised by people who were living in fear and that passed on to me. I grew up wondering if the dark lord was going to find out I wasn't a complete dick who acted like he was better than everyone and punish me. I know I took it out on you worse than everyone and I honestly didn't think I would ever tell you this but." Draco took another deep breath, "Hermione, I have had a crush on you since the first time I seen you on the Hogwarts Express. I was scared someone would find out and punish me for being a blood traitor. I was scared not only for myself, but also for you. They would have tortured you to death in front of me so I did the only thing I could think of to protect you, I tormented you. I don't expect you to say anything back or forgive me or anything, I just wanted you to know." Draco smiled at Hermione, kissed her forehead and walked out of the library.

Hermione didn't know what to say or think even. Was Draco Malfoy a hero? Did he really save her life without her even realizing it? Did he still have feelings for her?

"Hey, you coming to lunch?" Blaise asked, waving his hand in front of her face, "What were you thinking so intently about?"

The brunette jumped, not realizing someone else was in the room. "Draco." Hermione felt like she was in shock, his name was the only thing she could make herself say.

Blaise smiled down at his little sister, "So he finally told you eh? Took him long enough."

"Blaise, I don't know what to say, or do, or anything. I'm so confused and have so many questions." Blaise threw this arm over her shoulder as she spoke, "He literally saved my life every time he called me a horrible name or made me cry or bullied me in any way for that matter." Hermione continued thinking out loud as they walked through the halls and down the stairs.

"Hermione, I'm assuming you have more rambling to do but were almost at the dining room, so I need to stop you. Come to Zabini Manor tonight and we'll talk some more okay?" He nodded his head as he looked his sister in the eyes.

Hermione took a deep breath and nodded her head as well. When she agreed, Blaise smiled and turned to walk into the dining room, Hermione was surprised to see the large table from the other night was a lot shorter so the five people could sit together comfortably. Narcissa and Jean sat beside each other, walking and Draco sat beside his mother at the head of the table, looking out the window. Blaise looked at Hermione and put his hand on her lower back, telling her to choose her seat first.

Hermione took a deep breath and walked over to sit beside the blonde she was suddenly intrigued by. Blaise smiled as he sat on her other side and winked at Draco who finally noticed they had joined him.

Throughout the meal, Hermione realized her feelings for Draco and they took turns stealing glances at one another. Every time they made eye contact, Hermione would blush and smile at her plate and He would smirk.

Neither Hermione or Draco noticed, but Narcissa, Jean and Blaise all watched them with smiles on their faces. When the meal was finished Hermione looked up to see three sets of eyes looking at her, "What?" she asked worried, "do I have something on my face?"

"No, you're good. I have to show Jean and Blaise something in the garden, Draco, could you give Hermione a tour of the manor so she can get some inspiration for her place?" Narcissa asked with a smirk on her face.

"Okay?" Draco knew they were up to something but didn't think his mother knew about his feelings, "Don't you think she would want to see the gardens as well?" He would like some alone time with her but after his confession, he didn't want to push it.

"Non-sense, it's being worked on and she really should see it when its finished. You two go ahead and we will find you when were done." Narcissa gave her son a look telling him they were done talking.

No one said anything while the Malfoys stared one another down, Hermione looked to Blaise, unsure of what to do.

Jean finally broke the tension, "We have a lot of shopping to do, Hermione dear, make a note of any fabrics or color schemes you like, and we'll be sure to get them for you. Blaise, walk your mother to the garden, will you?"

Everyone got up from their chairs; Narcissa, Jean and Blaise walked to the back of the room to head outside while Hermione and Draco watched them. Draco cleared his throat and smiled over to his crush. "Well, let's get started then."

Hermione followed Draco from the room and listed to him explain each of the rooms, even though she was supposed to be getting inspiration for her shopping trip later, she couldn't help but pay more attention to him than his stuff.

They walked for quite some time before she came to a familiar door and he paused, "You remember the library, I think we can skip it." Draco went to walk past her again to go to the next room when she grabbed his arm and stopped him.

"Draco wait."

"Hermione, you don't have to say anything." Draco started slowly shaking his head when Hermione grabbed it and pulled him down to her for a kiss.

When their lips met Hermione felt her heart skip a beat, he hesitated at first, but once he realized what was happening, Draco put both his hands on her hips and pulled her body into his. Hermione's hands slid down and settled on his neck and shoulders as the kiss deepened.

Hermione slowly pulled away and looked into his shining grey eyes, "I didn't know what to say anyway."

Draco chuckled as he rested his forehead on hers, "I've wanted to do that for so long."

Hermione went to kiss him again when she heard someone clear their throat behind her. Both Hermione and Draco jumped and stared at the mystery person.

"I hate to interrupt, but I do need in the library, if that's alright." Lucius Malfoy struggled to keep a straight face as he looked at the two red faced teenagers blocking his path.

Hermione and Draco both took about three steps back but didn't say anything as the blond man walked past them and disappeared behind the library door. Draco looked down at the short witch, praying she didn't regret what she did. When she looked up at him, they looked into each other's eyes before they both burst out laughing.