Chapter Sixty-Four: Percy

Hii c: 

I saw Mockingjay today and it was really, really good! I won't give any spoilers, but I thought it didn't have the same amount of action compared to the others but yet was full of suspense and drama. Jennifer Lawrence is an amazing actress as well. 

Anywayyy, this chapter is dedicated to readdabooks101 for being absolutely amazing and commenting and stuff xD Thanks so much. 

Enjoy the chapter!

Percy

Percy hated being stepped on by giants.

He and Piper had barely any time to process that the ground was shuddering and splitting open all around them before huge, dark shapes rose above them, towering over them like skyscrapers. The monsters that had previously been attacking them snarled menacingly and retreated to circle around the demigods at a distance.

“Brethren!” Porphyrion cried, throwing out his arms like he wanted a group hug. “Welcome!”

“Sorry we’re late, brother.” A giant rumbled to Percy’s left. He wasn’t as huge as his kin, barely reaching 30-feet, but the intelligence in his blank, marble eyes was unmistakable. His skin was bronze and his dreadlocks with the remnants of battle; twisted, Celestial bronze swords and Imperial gold daggers and pilums.

Next to Percy, Piper gripped the hilt of her jagged sword even tighter, her face beaded with sweat. “Enceladus.” She growled.

“Enchiladas?” Percy demanded incredulously.

Piper opened her mouth to reply but just then, another giant stepped forward, one of his feet slamming into the ground where the two demigods had been a second ago, their quick, ADHD reaction time saving them.

Percy yelped as he stumbled back to avoid the giant’s, long, yellowed and cracked talons, the earth trembling from the its weight. It was only by luck that Percy hadn’t been squished like an ant.

“THIS IS GOOD.” The giant boomed, his voice resonating through the whole city, probably. “I CAN ALREADY SMELL THE BURNING OF DEMIGOD FLESH.”

Percy swallowed thickly and looked up, dread stirring in his stomach.

The giant looming over him was…well, gigantic; even bigger than his brother, Porphyrion. Burns and boils and rashes covered him from head to toe like he had decided to go swimming in the River Styx. Like his brethren, he had reptilian-like legs, complete with scales and talons, except his were a brilliant red and orange and yellow, like the dancing light of a flame. His face would’ve looked like it was made from pure stone if he hadn’t had so many rashes and burns.

“Mimas!” Porphyrion greeted, grinning widely.

The giant called Mimas ignored his greeting and studied the demigods below him, his flame-filled eyes-much like the Ares’-fixed on Percy. “ARE THESE THE SACRIFICES?” He bellowed.

“No, silly.” Another giant rumbled and pushed roughly past him to have a look at the demigods. “They’re too scrawny to be the demigods that Gaia wanted!”

Percy probably would’ve summoned a tsunami to drown the stupid giant if her face hadn’t been so ugly.

At first, he didn’t realize that it was a she at first; the gnarled, stringy lumps that Percy imagined was hair trailed down to her waist like writhing serpents and her figure was huge, bulky and burly.  Her eyes were pure black, like the many eyes of Arachne that Percy had been unfortunate to glance at as he had slashed her to dust in Tartarus, and were filled with pure hatred. Her face was partially deformed in places, her expression twisted with loathing.