Chapter Eighty: Nico

Hello fellow demigods :)

This chapter is dedicated to @demigod08 for commenting and stuff! Thank you.

Aaand I hope you enjoy this chapter because I worked my butt off writing this XD

Nico

Nico pushed open the door to the Big House.

"Where's Grover?" He demanded, his heart pounding away in his chest.

Chiron, who had been flicking through a book with yellowed and dog-eared pages, glanced up at them. "Nico, Reyna." He greeted, sounding almost relieved by their arrival. "Grover's just this way."

Nico sent Reyna a worried look before following Chiron into one of the guest rooms, feeling his gut churn with unease.

If there was something wrong with Grover, then that was bad. To say Nico had history with the satyr was an understatement-it was Grover who had discovered him and Bianca in the first place back at Westover Hall.

But if there was something wrong with Grover because of his and Percy's empathy link, then things were going to get much more complicated.

Nico stepped into the room, a feeling of deja-vu washing over him immediately. He'd been in here before, when he'd first arrived at Camp Half-Blood with his sister, Bianca. Chiron had made them watch this cliché video explaining who they really were, et cetera, et cetera. Nico remembered that he hadn't really watched it, too occupied by his Mythomagic cards.

How everything has changed, Nico thought wistfully. He almost missed those times where his past was as murky as the Hudson River, with the fleeting glimpse of his mother's kind eyes and the warm brush of her hand on his cheek. He missed Bianca, who always had teased him for playing with those "dumb figurines" as she used to say.

Nico jolted himself out of his thoughts. Out of experience, he knew that going over and over the past made things worse. Minos had proved that, years ago.

The room had changed since. Instead of a few chairs and a television that looked like it should belong in an antiques shop, a bed rested the furthest wall, a small bookshelf to its right which was filled with classic novels and a collection of Italian Soprano CD's.

But that wasn't what Nico had his eyes on. It was the satyr sleeping peacefully inside the silken sheets of the bed, looking far better than Nico had first expected.

"I don't understand," Reyna said, glancing up at Chiron. "We were told something was wrong with Grover. He's just sleeping."

The centaur's lips pressed into a grim line. "I'm afraid not. I was told he lost consciousness and had a seizure of sorts."

Nico scowled. "A seizure?" He was about to demand why they hadn't called an ambulance, and then mentally face-palmed at his own stupidity. Mortals wouldn't know how to help them, even if the Mist did cover up the furry hind and the huge horns on top of his head.

Chiron nodded, running a weary hand across his face. "We've tried using woodland magic on him, but he's stayed unresponsive. The other satyrs have gone to find Juniper and talk to the other nymphs in case they can help, but..." The centaur gave Grover a sad look. "But I don't think there's anything we can do apart from wait for him to wake up."

"And if he doesn't?" Reyna demanded.

"We'll cross that bridge when it comes, child." Chiron responded. "But in the meanwhile, Nico, I need to ask you a favour."