Chapter Three: Jason

Hi guys! Thanks for being patient! I've been really busy over the last few days so i haven't been able to cram in any writing time in. But, fortunately, It's half-term so i get a week off! Yay! I'll probably update later in the week because of this. 

And thank you all for your support. I sympathize that my last chapter was unbearably short and crappy. So sorry for that! But i hope this one is a little better, although i understand it definitively is not my best.

Love you all!

Rosa xxxx

Jason

*Recap* 

The monster rose to its full height, towering over the demigods. Its teeth glinted evilly in the sunlight.

The crumpled figure against the rail groaned in pain and tried to stand. The monsters’ poisonous eyes immediately fixed on the moving demigod.

Jason’s eyes widened as he realized what the monster was about to do.

“Percy!” Annabeth screamed. Her face was gaunt with fear for her boyfriend.

Percy’s eyes immediately snapped open. His hand was gripping the rail like a lifeline, and eyes were shockingly bright in contrast to his stark white face.

The creature reared and it struck at Percy, the monsters head crashing into the deck where Percy Jackson had once stood. 

*End of recap*

The demigods stared in horrified silence. 

“No…” Annabeth whispered. 

Jason was trembling. No way had the great Percy Jackson been defeated before the real battle. 

Next to him, Piper whimpered. Even Leo looked completely devastated. 

Hazel stumbled back a few steps into the arms of Frank, who hugged her close and whispered something in her ear. He was as pale as a sheet. 

The creature bellowed; its head buried underneath the wreckage. It thrashed its tail in frustration, very nearly knocking into Piper. Thankfully, Jason pulled her back in time for the tail to sweep over where she once stood. 

Suddenly, Annabeth screamed in rage and leapt forward, her bone sword glinting in the light as she brought it down on the monsters’ back. 

The creature struggled and roared, its head still stuck in the hole in the deck. 

“We need to help her!” Hazel cried, lunging forward, followed immediately by Frank. 

Jason pursued the daughter of Pluto, pulling Piper along with him. Leo was at their heels. 

And the six, their efforts doubled by a loss of a leader, came forth on a wave of bitter revenge and destruction. The monster was obliterated within seconds. 

The demigods stepped back as they surveyed the damage caused by the monster. There was a massive gap in the deck, criss-crossed with broken-off planks and celestial bronze supports.  

Leo’s eyes widened as he took in the giant hole in the deck.

“My baby!” He cried. “My beautiful baby! Why? WHY?”