Chapter Sixteen: Leo

Hi everyone! Before you kill me for my slow updates, i have something to say: SORRY! I've been really busy! School is literally draining the life out of me (i think education is like a system of dementers :P) and I've had loads of homework! I'm really sorry!

On a happier note, THANK YOU GUYS!!!! SO MANY COMMENTS AND VOTES AND READS AND FOLLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all! <3

I had very little inspiration for this chapter, so I'm sorry if it's not very good. But, please, ENJOY!!!!

(UNEDITED)

Leo

Leo stared at the horizon which was just beginning to lighten as the sun slowly crept up. A warm feeling in his chest erupted as he realized Calypso was probably watching the same sun, alone and waiting.

She doesn’t love you. A voice in the back of Leo’s head taunted. The kiss didn’t mean anything.

But Leo remembered the burning yet sweet passion that had sparked between them. His lips still tingled from the memory.

Leo sighed and rested his hands on the Argo2’s rail, his thoughts keeping him thoroughly occupied.

He felt someone stand next to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

“Are you okay?” Hazel asked, with a hint of almost sisterly affection.

Leo looked up and flashed a grin at her. “I’m good. Just don’t want my baby to blow up while I’m gone. You know, the usual.”

Hazel smiled. “Yep. The life of a demigod, right?”

Frank came and stood next to her, his expression troubled. “Are you guys ready?”

Hazel clenched her jaw defiantly and stared at the horizon determinedly. “We have to be.”

Leo took a deep breath and grinned at the two. “I’m ready whenever you are.”

Frank clapped him on the shoulder. “Good, because you’re the one leading this mission.”

Leo stared at him disbelievingly. “Me?”

Hazel smiled. “Lower the gangplank, boss.”

Leo grinned like a mad man and soon enough, they were all walking off the ship and into the city of Larissa, Thessaly.

Even though it was around two in the morning, the city was still insanely busy. Crowds of tired-looking tourists milled around the city centre, away from the dodgier groups on the outskirts. They walked around wearing cheap t-shirts and Hawaiian-patterned shorts, grumbling and complaining.

Leo shuddered. He wondered whether what a phobia of tourists would be called.

Frank eyed the people warily as well, probably wondering whether they were going to turn into bloodthirsty Eidolons.

Hazel looked calm enough at first glance, but Leo noticed she was fiddling with the end of her sword nervously, her eyes fixed on the ground intently.

After shovelling their way through a small crowd of people and avoiding a few crazy Vespa drivers, they found themselves at a crossroad.

Frank muttered a curse. “Which way?”

Leo scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. “Umm…”