Chapter Nine: Annabeth

Hi guys! ANOTHER UPDATE HERE!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! 

So, here's a Annabeth chapter, because we're all wanting to know why there was an explosion and what monsters were attacking the ship, blah, blah, blah. WARNING: This chapter may contain attacking furniture!

Just ignore me.

;)

Here it is!

Annabeth

Nothing like a good explosion to wake you up, right?

Apparently the monsters thought so too.

The explosion only knocked Annabeth out of her bed, so it wasn’t that bad, but it was not a good start to the day.

She cursed and leapt to her feet, surveying the damage to her cabin.

It wasn’t too bad-yes, maybe the right wall had caved in-but it seemed that the explosion had been targeted a few cabins down which would probably be either Jason’s or Hazel’s cabin.

Annabeth slipped her Camp Half-Blood tee and some faded jeans. She yanked her hair into a ponytail and grabbed her dragon bone sword. The one Damasen had given her in Tartarus.

Annabeth pushed down her building emotions that threatened to spill over. She couldn’t be weak. She had to stay strong-for Percy.

Percy. Damn, she was going to absolutely skewer him when-if-he got back. That Seaweed Brain.

The cries of her friends brought her back to reality. She sprinted out of her cabin and onto the deck, where she saw a scene so horrific that it turned her legs to jelly.

Annabeth’s legs buckled beneath her as a wave of horror and déjà vu swept over her.

The creature looked almost exactly like a Fury: a wrinkled hag with bat-like wings, brass talons and glowing red eyes. She wore a tattered dress of black silk, and her face was twisted and ravenous, like a demonic grandmother in the mood to kill.

“Annabeth!” A voice screamed, snapping her out of her immobilised state.

Annabeth blinked, clearing her head, and dodged a talon that was sweeping towards her.

She leapt to her feet to see Hazel swipe her sword through the monsters face.

“No!” Annabeth yelled as Hazel doubled over, shuddering.

Piper ran to her side immediately. “What’s wrong with her? And where’s Jason?”

“The monsters…” Annabeth said breathlessly. “They’re the arai. Me and Percy…we met them in Tartarus. If you kill one, you get a curse.”

Piper helped Hazel to her feet, punching a demon grandmother in the face at the same time without looking. “How are we supposed to kill them?” She cried.

Annabeth felt a buddle of shame build up in her chest. “I-I don’t know. Just take Hazel to the infirmary, and see if Jason’s alright.”

Piper nodded and sprinted below deck, dragging a weak and shell-shocked Hazel.

Annabeth surveyed the situation. Frank and Leo were back-to-back and were trying to injure the creatures, but not kill them. Apparently they had found out about the curses.