Chapter Twenty Seven: Piper

Hello! xD Finally-an update! Personally, I'm pretty proud of this chapter, probably because it's actually got some action in it. :P

Thanks guys for voting and commenting and everything! Never in a million years would i have thought that i would get this much feedback from my amazing readers! But please don't stop, it really makes me happy, and therefore inspires me to write more and better. 

Just going to explain why my updates are getting slower: When it comes to the middle of the book, I always lose the inspiration i had right at the start, and the anticipation i have for the end. So yeah. Hopefully, I'll get past this stupid writers block eventually. 

 Piper

Piper was not having a good time.

Sure, walking with Percy and Frank wasn’t that bad, but the stifling and persistent heat was slowly killing her.

Okay, maybe she was exaggerating. But she had the right to be in a bad mood-after all, she was on a quest which would most likely kill her and her friends. That made her angry. But the obvious fact that Jason and Leo were hiding something from her made her even angrier.

Piper wasn’t stupid. She had guessed that Leo was lying when he had said about finding nothing in Thessaly. And the looks exchanged between him and the son of Jupiter further proved her suspicions.

They were hiding something-something important and most likely dangerous, knowing them. It was Piper’s job to find out what exactly what the two were hiding.

It worried her to no end, to say the least. She found herself thinking about it during mealtimes, before she slept and even when she was on watch duty, which probably wasn’t the most sensible thing to do, especially since they were steadily drawing closer to Gaia’s forces in Athens.

“How am I supposed to know where we’re going?” Frank grumbled next to her, walking at a steady pace.

Percy, who had been unusually quiet lately, spoke up. “We’ll go towards the centre of the town.” He said and shrugged. “And then we’ll just go with the flow from there.”

Frank’s jaw clenched. He looked like he physically pushing back his fears and forcing himself to be brave. Something about this town spooked the big guy out.

Piper glanced around, admiring the glittering mass of the ocean sparkling between the gaps of the magnificent buildings. She couldn’t think of a single reason of why Frank was so spooked. The place was so serene. And beautiful.

Percy didn’t look as tense as Frank though his green eyes were wary. His posture seemed both relaxed and ready to lunge at the enemy.

Piper noted to herself how much the son of Poseidon had changed since Tartarus. At first, when he was with Annabeth, he seemed tired but more or less normal, but once he had returned from his quest in the underwater caverns, he had begun to develop an aura of intense power, yet with the sense of a huge vulnerability. 

Piper hated to think of what Percy and Annabeth had been through in Tartarus. They had changed so much. Even Annabeth had changed. She had become slightly more isolated and seemed to be lost in thought. But now that she was gone-taken by Chrysaor-well…Piper didn’t want to think what the daughter of Athena was going through right now.

Obviously, Percy was thinking the same thing. He glanced nervously at practically everything around him, a sad expression on his face. He fiddled with his Camp Half-Blood necklace.