Chapter Forty-Four: Percy

Hi. I guess I lied last chapter when I said that was going to be my last update for a while. 

Pfft, guess who worked their ass off one day before they go on holiday? XD Me. 

But omg the feedback last chapter was magnificent! Thank you thank you thank youuuuu. I felt so bad about the cliffhanger so I just had to put my day to use! 

This chapter is dedicated to *drum roll* just_keep_swimmin_  cuz of the awesome comment and the awesome username! Thanks! 

Percy

Percy was in darkness for a full six seconds before he woke up.

Hazel’s face was right in front of him, her hands closing round his windpipe as her black eyes stared into his green orbs.

Her grip was like an iron vice around his throat. He couldn’t breathe.

Black spots danced in front of his eyes and tried to push her away from him, but he was too weak. His brain was starved of oxygen, unable to function properly.

Spittle flew from his lips as he desperately tried to take a gulp of air. His hands clawed at Hazel’s, frantically attempting to pry her fingers from his windpipe. He heard the others shouting and pulling at the daughter of Pluto but she was strong-unnaturally so.

The black spots were taking over his vision and Percy knew he was dying. Panic overwhelmed him but he was unable to fight against Hazel’s grip and put his adrenaline rush to use.

A fist struck Hazel hard in the face and the daughter of Pluto released Percy, letting loose a snarl.

“Who are you?” Annabeth’s voice demanded as Percy fell to his knees, gulping oxygen into his lungs. Piper knelt beside him and tilted his head back before pouring some nectar down his throat.

Immediately, he felt the damaged cells repair themselves and suddenly his breathing became a lot easier.

“Thanks.” He croaked, slowly climbing to his feet. Despite the nectar, he was still dizzy and his head was still pounding. His throat throbbed.

He pushed away the pain away and watched the strangest scene unfold in front of him.

Annabeth held her drakon bone sword against Hazel’s throat while Jason and Leo secured the younger girl’s hands. Frank was watching a few metres away with an expression filled with horror and shock, his eyes fixed on his girlfriend.

“Let go of me!” She roared, her voice much deeper and more powerful than normal.

“Let me ask again.” Annabeth said firmly, her grey eyes steely and demanding. “Who are you?”

Hazel threw her head back a laugh that didn’t belong to her. “Hazel, of course. Don’t you even recognise your own friend?”

Frank pushed in front of Annabeth. “Listen here,” He growled. “Whoever you are, get out of my girlfriend.”

Hazel smirked in a very un-Hazel-like way. “No way. She has very interesting thoughts.”

Frank’s face flushed red. “You’re invading her privacy!” He snarled. “Get out!”

Annabeth sent him a stern look and he reluctantly stepped aside.

“What do you want?” She demanded. Although her tone was demanding, it was also calm and collected. With her blonde hair hanging loose for once and a fierce expression on her perfect face, Percy thought she looked really hot in a I’m-going-to-rip-your-balls-off-if-you-don’t-do-what-I-say kind of way.