Chapter Fifteen: Leo

Hi guys! I'm so sorry for the late update! Please forgive me! 

I'm also sorry for the boring chapter. There isn't much action, I know, but I can assure you that next chapter will have a LOT of the kicking butt stuff! 

ANYWAY, please press that little star button up in the right hand corner, and comment! It means a lot! Thanks! 

Here it is:

The girl lied on the soft, white sand of Ogygia, her eyes closed, her beautiful features relaxed. Her cinnamon hair curled delicately down her right shoulder, strands falling in her face. She wore a simple white tunic with dirt flecked on the hem; signs that she had been working in her garden.

“Leo.” The girl whispered, a stray tear slipping beneath an eyelid and trickling down the side of her face. “Come back to me.”

A cool sea breeze swept through the island, carrying along the voice of Gaia herself.

“Ah, my dear Calypso.” She murmured, an almost motherly hint of sympathy etched into her voice. “The boy simply cannot return. You know this. Why do you delude yourself like this?”

The girl took a deep breath and tilted her head towards the cloudless sky. She opened her eyes, which were brown, gorgeous and glistening with tears.

“Leave me be, Grandmother. I am no use to you. Why do you torment me like this?” The girl said, her voice surprisingly strong.

Gaia’s voice was thick with pity. “It is not I who has tormented you, dear Calypso. Think of Odysseus; think of Perseus Jackson; think of Leo Valdez. All have left with empty promises, leaving you alone and bitter. It is they whom have tormented you, not me.”

“I will not fool for your tricks.” Calypso responded, quite shortly. “Don’t think that you can manipulate me as easily as everyone else.”

“It is not manipulation.” Gaia murmured. “It is the truth.”

The girl’s brown eyes flared angrily. She stood up, her hands balled up at her sides.

“This is what I think of your so-called ‘truth’, Grandmother!” She spat on the white sand. “See, that! That is what I think! You and your ‘truth’ can go to Tartarus for all I care!”

The Earth laughed softly. “I admire your courage, I really do. But do you realize how naïve you are being?”

“Grandmother, begone!” Calypso cried. “Leave me be!”

Gaia’s voice darkened slightly. “As you wish, my dear. But do not think, even for a moment, that I will leave you unharmed just because you are a relative of mine.”

“Begone!” The girl cried once more.

Gaia’s presence disappeared, and the sunlight became much brighter; the sea much greener and the air much lighter.

Calypso stood there, her chest rising and falling delicately with every attempt to conceal her sobs. Tears streamed down her face.

She sat down and cried some more, waiting, once again, for the boy who would never come.