Chapter Twenty Five: Percy

Hi guys! Update time! I had sooo much fun writing this chapter. I guess you can all imagine me madly tapping my keyboard, laughing insanely, caught in the very wrath of the terrible Percy-Jackson-Madness!

This chapter is dedicated to... *drumroll* heeyMacareyna for commenting and being amazing in every single way! Thanks! :D

AND OMG CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO ON THE SIDE IT'S SO CREEPY SO PLEASE DON'T WATCH IT IF YOU GET SCARED EASILY! 

So enjoy the chapter and please vote and comment what ya think! [WARNING: CONTAINS OVERLY-DRAMATIC SCENES]

Percy

Percy slept right through the chaos, which wasn’t surprising considering the crazy few days that he had had.

And the best part? No weird, demigod nightmare. That was definitively suspicious.

But, as if to compensate, there was a throbbing pain in the back of his head-the exact spot where Blackjack had kicked him.

That brought a warm feeling of longing in his chest and a bitter taste in his mouth. He missed Blackjack and he wished their earlier reunion in Kansas hadn’t been so…unpleasant.

Percy blinked away the sleepy dust from his eyes, and with more effort than normally necessary, he sat up.

He appeared to be in the Argo2’s infirmary, which was a relief since he really wasn’t in the mood for fighting some more daemons. He closed his eyes, still exhausted despite his deep sleep, the blank, malevolent white walls of the room burning into the back of his eyelids.

Percy heard someone-two people, actually-enter the room and sit down a few metres away from him. They were whispering in hushed tones but he could just make out what they were saying.

“He’s gonna freak.” Frank-Percy could tell straight away-said.

Hazel sighed. “Yeah.” She was silent for a moment. “I’m worried.” She finally admitted.

Percy could imagine Frank frowning. “You mean about Percy?”

“That too, I guess.” Hazel said. “And Leo.” She added, and after a pause. “And Jason and Piper and every freaking—" She stopped. “I’m sorry, Frank, I’m just stressed.”

It occurred to Percy that even though Hazel was the youngest of the Seven, she always seemed to be the bravest: standing to the side, observing, thinking and stepping in when really needed. In her own way, she was the bravest of the Seven.

Percy heard them kiss, and he really started to regret his decision to eavesdrop.

“It’s okay.” Frank said, and the two were silent for a few minutes. Percy then decided to stretch and open his eyes, pretending to wake up.

He blinked at the sudden light and looked at Frank and Hazel who were cuddling with their faces close to each other, seemingly about to kiss. Again.

Percy cleared his throat and yawned. “Hey.” He said weakly, surprised by the croakiness of his voice.

The two whirled around and blushed simultaneously.

“Percy!” Hazel exclaimed, her hand over her mouth.

Percy resisted the urge to laugh at their expressions. Instead he winked at them. “Don’t worry I haven’t seen anything like that.” That made them blush even brighter, which Percy didn’t even know how it was possible, since they were both redder than a tomato.