Chapter 26.

" Not even a goodmorning or goodbye, you're just going to leave?" He asks, speaking up and breaking the tense silence that had taken over.

" Morning." I mumble, not meeting his eyes.

" Chloe, I'd like for you to look at me when we are talking."

No, that's one thing I can't do right now. I'm embarassed about everything right now.

He sighs when I don't look at him.

" Chloe." He steps forward and that's when my head snaps to him.

Before either one of us can say anything, we hear footsteps come downstairs.

" I have to go." I say, quickly getting out of the house before both of them say anything.

I sigh and head down the porch steps, to meet Wesley, who stands leaned by his car.

" Morning." I say, heading over to get into the passenger seat.

" Morning." He calls over his shoulder.

When we both get into the car, he hands me a takeaway packet, before driving us out of there.

" What's this?"

" You slept without getting anything in your stomach last night. You need something now." He says, stealing a glance my way.

I look at him for a few minutes and right then, a small smile takes over my face.

" Thank you." I mumble.

" What? You're not going to punch me or anything?!" He gasps dramatically.

" Shut up!" I hit his arm, earning a snicker from him.

I lean forward and kiss his cheek, making his head to snap to me.

" The road." I warn him lightly to focus on the road, my smile not wavering at all.

" You know, a kiss would do." He says, pouting and making me laugh.

" Keep on dreaming Adams." I say, starting to eat.

" Thank you Wesley." I say after a while, earning me another smile from him, as he continues on driving us to school.

When we get to school, this time and thankfully, he parks quite further away from the entrance to the school building, we remain in the car for some time, since we made it quite early. We spend time there, just having light conversation and listening to some music.

I find myself laughing without thought, and it putting me into a light mood, in which the same light might carries me throughout the day until after school.

With the occassional nosy people glancing at Wesley and I, out of never ending curiousity, boring - to okay teachers, a nice and quiet break with Wesley, to a rather quick last lesson, I'd say school doesn't turn out so bad.

Making my way back to class, due to me forgetting one of my books, I immediately stop in my tracks when I almost walk into the middle of a conversation. A conversation between two basketball players and no doubt, my interests spark when I hear Fin in the sentence.

Now, I'm not one to eavesdrop on anyone, but I can't help but overhear with their careless loud voices. I can't exactly see them, but I can hear them, with the door being slightly opened.

" I'm telling you man, it's not going to work." One guy says, sounding uncertain.

" It is, it is, if we play things right. All we need to do is make sure that Coach pays more attention on Fin. I mean he's already making it easier for himself to get kicked off the team. He isn't in it anymore, and couldn't careless if we lost or won."