Chapter 17.

The feeling of being watched, stirs me awake. Right when my eyes open, I'm met with the sight of Wesley, wait, let me rephrase that, a glaring type of Wesley seated on a stool, just by the coffee table. He's watching me and someone else.

Realization of the current position I'm in, knocks me back to my senses and I slowly rise to my feet.

" No, you do not get to look at us like that, after we ---------"

" You're spooning, " he says so quietly, it's scary.

" So what? " He raises his brow." We weren't spooning, we fell asleep."

He scoffs at that.

" Damn, I hadn't slept so nice in a long time. Ouch." Fin says behind me, making me tense up.

Wesley getting off the stool grabs my attention, and watching him take threatening steps towards us, has me narrow my eyes at him.

" So what if we were spooning?  It's not like ---------"

" Shoot, Chloe, don't." Fin warns behind me.

It's then, Wesley's eyes snap to him.

" Look, Wes man, it's not ----------"

" You don't owe him an explanation." I say, not tearing my eyes away from him.

He scoffs yet again. " You think you know, huh? You don't understand why I never want him near me and now ----------"

" And now, I've realised that Fin is a good guy, who only fell in love with your sister and --------"

" You told her? You bloody told her about Christy. How dare you?!"

In long stride he starts towards us, more so Fin, who I make sure to block his path, so Wesley won't get to him. My actions make him to stop with a frown.

Did he actually think I'd stand by and watch him beat Fin for no reason?

" What the heck?! Move. Wait, what the hell happened to your face?!" Oh now he notices.

Wait, I thought it would have gone down by now.

I open my mouth to speak when he cuts me off. " Fin, get an ice pack or something. "

Wesley's focus is on my face as he steps closer to me, reaching out to touch my face but I move out of reach, making him frown in confusion.

I don't think he even realizes that he actually said something to Fin, whose  jaw dropped to the floor.

" Fin?!" That seems to snap Fin out of whatever trance he was just in.

" Right." He quickly heads off to the kitchen, leaving us alone.

" Chloe ---------" he tries yet again to reach for me, but I move back.

He remains silent, clearly confused yet needing to touch my face. His eyes flicker to my face every now and then.

" I've got it, here." Fin returns, giving me another pack, more like place it against my cheek and I close my eyes and hold my breath for a second, trying to get used to the cold.

I nod my thank you, taking over and stepping back from him. " Do you have an extra toothbrush?" I ask him.

I can feel Wesley watching us this whole time, but I don't care, I'm still upset with him right now.

" Yeah, under the bathroom sink." I nod my thank you once again and start for the stairs.

" What is she wearing?" I hear Wesley ask Fin behind me, making me hault in my steps and to glance over my shoulder.