Chapter 37.

I don't like what I saw in the mirror earlier, it's an image of a girl who's been hurt and her eyes reflected it as so. I couldn't stay looking at the mirror any longer and quickly did my morning routine, before leaving the bathroom.

Knowing that it's my turn to take out the trash this morning, I change into something a little more comfortable before heading out. Thank God it's Saturday, because I wouldn't have been able to go to school , more so to see Wesley, because my heart would hurt more.

I can't believe I'm hurting over this, but the more I think about it, the more I realise that my feelings were so deep towards Wesley. My feelings are real and genuine for him, now to have him do what he did, that felt like a slap to my face last night.

Gosh, I must have looked like a fool.

Heading out with the trash, I come across a sight that pulls me to a pause. It's Aiden standing right at the end of the drive way, busy talking to him, Wesley.

Why is he here?

I take notice of his clothes and I realise, that he's still in the same clothes from last night.

Why didn't he just leave like I asked him to, why is he so damn stubborn?

I square up my shoulders and keep a straight face, as I continue my way. My heart races in panick, when Wesley is the first person to see me and his whole attention, shifts towards me. This gains Aiden's attention and now he turns to me.

Now both of them are watching me like two creeps.

" Chloe." He starts towards me.

" What are you still doing here?" I direct the question to Wesley.

" He wants to talk to you." Aiden speaks up before Wesley does.

" Leave." I say to Wesley, ignoring Aiden.

I place down the trash before turning around and heading back to the house, ignoring their calls.

I huff in irritation when I'm suddenly spun around by arm, I realise that it's Wesley.

" Chloe, please, let's talk for a bit."

" I said all I needed to say last night, now leave me alone." I try wiggle out of his hold, but he tightens his hold.

" No, I can't do that." He shakes his head in protest.

" Wesley, stop being stubborn and leave me alone!" I push him back.

" Chloe, no, don't tell me to do such a thing because you know deep down that I can't do that. I bloody can't leave you alone!" His voice rises to my own level.

" Okay, okay, let's all calm down." Aiden intervenes, coming to stand between us.

While trying to calm down and not get worked up, the feeling of my phone vibrating in my pocket, diverts my attention from Aiden, who's busy trying to be the voice of reason between us.

Taking it out and opening the message, my heart stops for a second before it races again, due to what I see. An unknown number has sent me a picture, it's a picture of me at the party no doubt.

The feeling of humiliation once again fills me, seeing the picture of a girl who had hope, but her hope was shattered. In the picture, I don't look like my normal self, but weak and vulnerable, worse off, it's expressed in my eyes.

Damn it.

" Chloe ?" I hear Aiden call me and my head snaps up, as my temper gets the best of me.

" Are you happy now, huh?!" I show Wesley the picture, almost hitting him with the phone that he has to lean back to see the picture. " The whole world watched as I was made into an idiot by you. "